Helicopter Campaign No:3

you’ve raised an important regarding drones and like many they have never thought about drones in modern warfare.
we associate aircraft with pilots being inside them facing hostile fire. if some runs a ground attack aircraft campaign, people expect to see A-10’s but probably not Reaper drones, after all the Reaper pilot is sitting eating pizza and drinking a bud-lite in a conex container in Texas and not directly facing hostile fire.
I’m a dinosaur but if people here think that i should add in drones to a campaign then i will amend the campaign so it’s over to all of you guys and gals.

1 Like

Started my campaign model.

9 Likes

Those seats bring back nightmares lol… Me, a GPMG, and running straight out the door while it was still hovering 15ft off the ground …lol not my best day :see_no_evil:

6 Likes

Try having a controled crash, after taking out a power line,
lots of fffs coming out of the loadmaster, assuming the crash position in our bergens, leaving use to wonder what is going on.

5 Likes

Yeap, yours easily trumps my cock up lol … luckily I landed in a boggy peat field … wearing the GPMG as a hat lol

4 Likes

Done that plenty of times getting over fences, with an 84 carl gustof / 94mm / GPMG tripod as a short arse, head has more lumps and cuts then a doctors training doll.

5 Likes

yeap … they certainly leave some decent lumps and bumps … Mine was one of those comedy moments … We were doing some Heliborne Ops in Denmark (in Wessex’s) and annoyingly I was No1 GPMG gunner for this one. So we got the brief about actions on landing and who was first out the door for immediate covering fire (me) etc etc. And the sign was a firm slap on the shoulder and the go go go signal … However, during the transit to the landing, I dozed off and was properly snoozing when all of a sudden, I felt a really hard slap on the shoulder, I jolted awake, positive I heard go go go … grabbed the GPMG and flew out the door from what I thought was a landed helicopter … WRONG !! it was just a hard shove to wake me up and get prepped … we were still in a hover 15ft or so up and I flew out into air, then straight down, luckily into a boggy peat field … winded and embarrassed but lived to fight through lol …

8 Likes

wasn’t there a wessex in south omagh that snagged a fence with it’s tail wheel, causing it to crash?

our one was able to fly back, had more height, after putting down in field and they checked frame was ok ,I was tucked at the back of the wessex, did leave wheel and jocky bar though, it hovered on front wheels, when dropping use back at ballykinler, the patrol lads at R14, I’m led to believe went to the site were the electrical boys were fixing the brake, and picked up the parts,
I think both incidents happened around the same time. that was the Besbrook unit.

1 Like

Been a couple of weeks since i managed to get work done on this. But after several days of masking, adding a couple of the small parts, the Hind is painted, ready now for the final weathering, panel lines etc. (just noticed i still have to paint the engine intake covers)
The decals were a bugger to get down, very thick and brittle. luckily theres only a few of them

12 Likes

Hind is looking very nice mate … And some neat detailing as well. :+1:

3 Likes

wow you’ve done a fantastic job on that kit and the detailed work is amazing.

2 Likes

Looks great. :+1::+1:

1 Like

Calling this done now. Some oil dot filters, added the antenna line on the back, the weapons systems and painted those engine intake covers :crazy_face:

It’s been good to finally get this out of the stash, i’ve had it for years and could never get a start on it. On to the Revell 1/32 AH-1G with a Werner’s Wings AH-1F upgrade set next, oh the joys :helicopter: :poop:

17 Likes

Terrific build and finish Colin … it came up trumps . Really nice :+1:

1 Like

yep that turned out very well indeed, well done indeed.

1 Like

Nice painting work, well done !

1 Like

Very nice. It looks great.

1 Like

Just received this one. The other day.

6 Likes

Update Wessex.

7 Likes