Helicopter Campaign No:3

It’s a Rose Chafer like color that changes with the angle of the observation.

While parked, it’s covered with a red cap.

4 Likes

Thanks as well Israel, the bottom image was the sort of mottled red/orange I had seen. Thanks for the info. :+1:

4 Likes

As promised… The jammer on the Apache is done, so the build is officially complete now … Cheers everyone and looking forward to seeing the other copters built up for this campaign :+1::+1:

P.s…forgot to say, as on the images above, I didn’t do a to heavy panel line wash… I tried to keep it fairly subtle… Just enough so you can see a line or feint line here and there. :+1:

10 Likes

Congratulations John, that is a good looking Apache build. :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Thanks buddy, I wouldn’t mind doing another down the road, but in 48th to get some finer detail and AM bits … Was a fun little kit though :+1:

2 Likes

The Hasegawa kit for 1/48 and Takom for 1/35 are the top winners for the Apache.

3 Likes

Or 1:35 :grin:

3 Likes

Beautiful Apache, Johnny! Congratulations on finishing.

2 Likes

Thanks Jesper. I am glad it came out like it did. It was a pretty straight forward built of a very cheap kit.

2 Likes

congratulations on being the first to finish and an excellent build as well.

5 Likes

Thanks David :+1:

2 Likes

A little somethin’ somethin’ for the Takom 1/35 Apache guys…

—mike :helicopter:

4 Likes

Does the MQ-8B Fire Scout count for this campaign?

1 Like

i think that’s more of a drone than an actual helicopter if that’s what i think it is.

2 Likes

I’d like to join but first to confirm can I join with a pair of wargame 1/100 scale Lynx?
They have no interior, one is already in primer but the other is still on the sprue - 2 for 1 :slight_smile:

This is the kit

2 Likes

The Northrop Grumman MQ -8 Fire Scout is an unmanned autonomous helicopter developed by Northrop Grumman for use by the United States Armed Forces. ??

2 Likes

That is correct, Takom labels it a B version in the newest release with the blade fold and my newest purchase in transit.

This B version is derived from the Schweizer 333. The A version is derived from the Schweizer 330.
The C version is derived from the Bell 407.

2 Likes

at least they have human pilots in them so that’s fine with me.

3 Likes

Looking at it more, and sitting firmly on the fence on this one, IMHO, the MQ 8C is the version I would allow in this build as it is a helicopter, just unmanned … the other 2 are more drone biased and in effect, just very large drones with a rotor, so it will be Davids call on this one

2 Likes

The flight characteristics are very helicopter and not other forms like the V-22 that David didn’t like. Seems he is not a drone fan, well at least for this campaign and that is fine. Still searching the current and future stash on what helo to build. I was looking at the Hobbycraft H-21 I have but the project quickly got much more involved with doing the interior ribbing etc, which is not bad but might not work within the campaign timeframe.

2 Likes