Hot Out of the Molds 2021 Campaign

@SGTJKJ
Jesper
How does this one fit your tastes… too obscure?
HOOTM2021
HOOTM2021_2

1 Like

Peter M, great job on the Africa 109. The finish seems a bit shiny - I think the aircraft in Africa got dusty and dull in appearance almost immediately from the climate.

Peter (Petbat) - that is fantastic! Much better than what I hoped for! Your time and effort is much appreciated. Thanks a lot!

I love that participants that complete their entry can now get a medal. It is a nice symbol and gesture. :slight_smile:

@SGTJKJ - Thanks, Jesper, and yes, I took the pictures before I added the final matt coat. I even think about some brown dirt spots to add…
:raising_hand_man:
@petbat - The medal looks great! :+1:
Cheers
Peter

1 Like

We are having a discussion elsewhere on awards, and I thought I should mention that what you see here is twice the size it will appear in your badges gallery as the gallery compresses them to about 1/2 the size. On screen, this award will look something like this:

I think it is still fine, but let me know if you are not still okay with it.

3 Likes

Hi Peter, absolutely still OK with it. Looks great - also in a smaller size!

Thanks for double checking. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

As for the award, I like the idea, as well as the look of it. Info I will not be part ofvthis build, but I do love the “company” :wink:

2 Likes

@Armournovice Oh go on Gil… you know there is a nice shiny new kit out there begging you to buy and build it… :wink:

Some progress on my entry - the Star Wars Legion A-A5 speeder truck.

Construction is well underway with the main sub assemblies done. Next some interior painting.
Still considering to install some lighting in the truck to show of the interior better. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I can see why Jesper, that is nicely detailed.

1 Like

Yes, lighting something up with LEDs will be a first for me. But it is worth a try.

I am just playing around with some LEDs now, but they seem a bit weak in strength so I might go for some stronger ones…

Don’t go too strong or you will ‘white out’ what people can see by over brilliance…

Good point - I will use red LEDs to simulate war lighting, but should probably not overdo it.

Make sure use a black primer first on the interior to light seal the plastic. You don’t want it came through the plastic where you don’t want it.

2 Likes

Good tip - thanks!

Finally a bit of progress from my side. Starting on the interior. Going to make it well worn. Not much to show but it is a start :wink:

More to follow soon :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I know I am a late arrival but I would like to enter the recently released Bandai ship “Razor Crest” from the star wars tv show Mandalorian. Ad you can see it’s all in it’s box and the plastic wrap is still in place.

4 Likes

Awesome choice, David!! I have really been tempted by this one a number of times, so will follow with interest.

A good excuse to play with a lot of metallics and some very heavy weathering. :slightly_smiling_face:

@SGTJKJ it comes in a metallic grey finish which ok I guess but I will be repainting it. I got my kit very cheaply and didn’t pay silly eBay money for it.

I am now half way through building it

3 Likes

Nice David. I’d love to build a larger scale one, but cringe at the thought of the cost that would come with a bigger one.

Reminds me to finish the last few things I need to scratch build on the AT - AT for the alternate Camo build.

1 Like