IDF 75 Campaign

Done scratch building, gonna start painting.

9 Likes

Jan … With how the dog already has colour, that little scene as it is now is like one of those that you could leave as it is… The wall and woman in monotone and the dog as the focal point of colour …
Like the scene in Schindler’s list of the scene on black and white and the little girls coat in red…

It looks superb with how you have done it all :+1::+1:

That dog is so good…

2 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Wow John, that kit is forcing you to use some skills… Hope it gets better from here.

1 Like

Cheers Peter :+1:

Well the fuselage went together fine, no issues, it’s clamped, pegged and taped…

Also, the air intake issue kind of fixed itself to a degree… Once untaped it looked a lot better.

Just added some super glue gel to one little area and then a bit of sanding… It looks rough but it is all smooth …

3 Likes

Looks like she put up a good fight… but you won :grin:

1 Like

@Floridabucco The metal barrel sounds good. Might have to look for that.

@Johnnych01 Glad the rest seems to be coming together. Nice work.

@Jan_Degryse That looks superb. I agree with Johnny a lot that it could be really nice to stay monochrome. I think you captured the mood of the source photo really well.

Happy Modeling,
zon

seen the advice to late, maybe the next time

Painted last night
Call her done
“Life is hard” IDF K9
scratch build, scale 1/35, painted in acrylics

Hope you like it a bit

9 Likes

Brilliant build. And great sculpting and scratch building skill Jan

Congratulations on finishing Jan. Looks fantastic.

I’m going to do the Tamiya Tiran 5, which seems to be a popular choice here. No doubt we’ll all be bouncing ideas for improvements and finishes back and forth. Should be fun to see what we all make of it.

I have a turned barrel for it in the box, I think it’s the RB one irc. Might see if I can get an etch mesh for the engine deck, although I am curious to see if what Tamiya provide will work. Probably won’t, but can’t hurt to try if it’s in the box already. Besides from that it will be OOB, except for adding the missing tools from an old Academy stowage set.
If money was no barrier I would be tempted to look for tracks, but quite frankly I would rather not freeze to death this winter with the way prices are going. I can live with vinyl tracks.

3 Likes

Thank you, looking forward to al the builds in this campaign

Is a photoshop, but I gonna try something like this for sure.

4 Likes

Like looking through an advanced thermal sight … looks cool

A unique subject. Well built and painted. Nicely done! Congrats Jan.

What missing tools do you mention?This model was also on the competition list for me …

All of the pioneer tools.
Shovel, axe, pick, crowbar, barrel cleaning rods etc.
There was a build in the T-55 campaign that covered what and where they need to be. I think they were all US pattern. I forget who did it right now.

I’ve had a look back through this page, @petbat shows his build at the 85th post. It was his build I was thinking of.
Nothing that should be difficult to source.

HI Piotr

This is a link to a substantial walk around of a Tiran 5 at Latrun, which has some of the best detail pics in any walkaround on the vehicle type:

In that you will find details pics like:

In the Tamiya kit, this area is just a large open space.
What I did for mine:

I hope this helps

5 Likes

Once again, winning hearts and minds of fellow modelers. Very Nice Jan! :dog:

—mike

2 Likes

Thanks, the walk around will be a big help.

1 Like