IDF 75 Campaign

Looking great John.

Slowly putting some more details to the scene and figure.

4 Likes

Looks like it is going to cut across the state towards you…be safe.

Was able to get the Quinta decals on the seat, some were a bit fiddly, but with the PVA they all went down ok.

The 3D certainly gives the whole cockpit a far more realistic look.

Happy with how it turned out :blush:

Going to jump ahead and build up the exhaust assembly so I can dry fit it before the fuselage sections go together .

4 Likes

Getting pummeled at the moment…another 2 days to move out…that’s how slow it is. Friday mid a.m. could be the first time we see sunlight.

Think sculpting is done, still gone bring one some details but overall setting is ready I Think

5 Likes

Well I got the lower hull finished…gotta love all the sanding of the mold lines on the wheels.

7 Likes

That is such a nice little scene Jan… Quite calming thinking about it… Very well done Sir :+1:

And Bucco, @Floridabucco …nice start on the Sherminator … Looking good so far :+1:

I got the exhaust assembly done and the internal forward end painted.
But I am a bit stumped by the exhaust end.

What would the internal colour be ? The instructions say white ? But that’s seems odd … Images I’ve seen are more a burnt metallic grey/blackish colour, button some you can see a hint of white ?

The upper fuselage sections are together and flush and the lower part has the main undercarriage well fitted into it.

I may need to do some surgery/sanding on the seat as it doesn’t seem to want to sit at the correct angle in the cockpit tub …the images I’ve seen have the seat with a definite backward slant ?

3 Likes

Yes, the F-16 seat definitly reclines. That’s to try to minimize G issues. Nice work so far! Indeed, nice work everyone!!

Michael :israel: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It reclines around 30 degrees.

1 Like

Yeah, Thats about what I guessed looking at the images… the kinetic one seems to only want to sit at the almost vertical, so It will require some form of surgery to get it to sit right …

It’s an F-16I, but you get the idea…

2 Likes

Thats pretty much perfect Israel, and a massive help, and compared to the instruction paint guide, it changes a lot of the colours, so it will be the perfect guide and the best image I have seen so far.

Edit, in fact, its so useful I have just printed it to have a working reference :+1:

1 Like

Its also interesting to see that the panel lines are not overly prominent with that paint scheme.

Did some fettling tonight.

First was the seat. It didn’t sit at the correct angle and was basically upright.

The seat as was

Then introduced to the trusty razor saw

And luckily my guess at the angle worked out. The seat now sits a bit lower and looking like it’s at the correct angle…

Then started on the air intake section.

This also has the front wheel well built into it. It also has some fit issues. I had to sand down the edges of the inner air intake and cut away the 2 front mounts on the sides to allow the outer part to get anywhere near fitting correctly.

Even then it’s not mating up correctly

So it will need either putty, thin plasti strip or some melted sprue in it (but I have never done that ) then some careful sanding.

I can see a lot of test fitting in my near future lol

4 Likes

Looks like your making great progress there John.

1 Like

@Johnnych01 Nice work Johnny! Seems like that kit needs a lot of adjustment, but you are handling it masterfully.

@Jan_Degryse incredible sculpting. I think you’ve captured the scene well.

I am joining with Tamiya’s Tiran 5. It will most likely be out of the box. Probably won’t be able to start for another few weeks though.

1 Like

There are a few issues for sure. The air intake was a bit worrying as there was no reason why it should of been that much out, but fingers crossed it will be an easy fix. I have dry fitted the fuselage parts and they all seem to pretty much line up on all angles, so that should be ok.

Great kit Zon, I have it in my stash also. I got the PE and a metal barrel for it.