IDF 75 Campaign

If you change your mind and want to keep the Academy one for another project, the 4 is on sale here is Australia. Just under $45 USD :grin:

1 Like

That is a really good price, it would be 70.00 with shipping, to me here in Florida. However I have such a huge backlog of kits and more so, group builds I need to work on.

1 Like

TANK’s Galil and Uzis are OPP and hard to find.The alternative are the Italeri Weapon set and Dragon. Or 3D printed from 3D MicroCosmos

I am working with 3D Microcosmos for the Glilon. They will modify their Galil according to photos and measurments.

There are also Uzi, Galil and Glilon available on sprue U of AFV Club kits of Shot Cal Gimel and Dalet.

2 Likes

Are those the ones they call Mekutzar?

I’ve seen IDF soldiers carry a variety of AR platform variants,

I have read this article on the 12.5 inch barreled weapons

Meng provides 2 weapons attached to their mounts in their Baz kit, not the 3D ones, similar to this one, which looks like an 11.5 inch barreled weapon:

Are those the ones they call Mekutzar?

M4-alike hybrids with the standard 14.5" barrel called ‘Mekutzar’ (shortened); the barrel of the ‘Mekutzrar’ (with an extra ‘r’) has been further shortened by sawing-off the standard M4 barrel, hence this version sometimes called ‘Menusar’ (sawn). The latter, the standard personal weapon of IDF tankers these days, was originally developed for special forces in the '90s.

I’m not sure about the exact barrel length (I think it’s 12.5"), but yes, that’s a ‘Mekutzrar’. The guy in the photo by the way is Gabi Ashkenazi, the IDF Chief of Staff between 2007-2011.

1 Like

Antiskid done, notice how messy it looks before blowing some air to clean the surfaces from dust and excess gravel.

2 Likes

and this is how it looks after primer

6 Likes

I corrected the antiskid at places, especially at the distinct panel lines in front of the gunner’s sight. It is a pretty easy task, I use a mechanical pencil with a clothing pin, which is also a great tool for scribing lines.

7 Likes

Slow going here.

3 Likes

Looking good. Does this version have the orange air ducts at the cabin or is it a later one?

Yeah, kinda, they fade to red brown over time. You won’t be able to see much of the cab on mine, so I’m not not bothering with them.

2 Likes

That looks really good. What did you use for the antiskid?

First a layer of MrSurfacer 1000, then aquarium sand and seal with primer

4 Likes

Plastic has been cut on my build for this campaign - the 1/48 Academy S-199.
It is the old kit with thick decals. I am sure they will be a struggle to get to set.

More to follow :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Hi mates, I intend to start this entry soon…
Something flying, of course :grinning:

See you here!
Cheers :raising_hand_man:

6 Likes

Great choice, Peter. I love the mix of the cool camouflage with the high visibility panels.

Looking forward to see more :slight_smile:

1 Like