IDF 75 Campaign

Thank you and - I’m still working the “hairy stick” :smile:

What type of paint are you using, Peter. It seems to have a glossy shine to it?

Looking forward to see more :slightly_smiling_face:

In most cases I use Gunze Aequous Color. They are mostly semi-gloss, so the shiny effect. But in the end a light matt finish will be applied.
But it helps for the decals.

Clear coat of Glänzer is on, next come the decals. Unfortunately I had overlooked one of the two decals for the underside of the wings and had to dismantle at least the two outboard wing pylons…
Well, sh… happens :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Lol… I seriously cannot remember how many times I’ve had to force/break / remove something as I put it on to early … :+1: … Cam looks great though :+1:

1 Like

Thanks John, and well, glueing on too early wasn’t the first time for me, too :joy:

The 548 is looking solid. :+1:

1 Like

Took awhile but I finally have some pictures. The Dragon Magach is finished. Not a bad build as there were no real issues. The DS tracks needed to be replaced as I felt they were too loose and there was no way to get the slack out as the idler was not adjustable. I used the Takom indy links for early M48/60 family and they were a good fit.

Painted with Aztek 470 AB using custom mixed Tamiya acrylics. Lower hull and running gear were given a slurry of dirt colored pigments and scrubbed off with a stiff brush once dry. All other weathering done with a dark wash, light dry brushing and AB work. Noticed that I need to add exhaust stains. I really liked the way the paint and weathering turned out although it does not show real well in the pictures. Once I get my friend to take better pictures I’ll post them. You should be able to see the finish better with his photos.

Tirian2

Tiran3

Tiran4

Tiran5

14 Likes

Thanks @SableLiger

Got some painting done. FN MG is a Micro Cosmos 3D item. Ring mount and cab canvas aren’t permanently attached.

I’m not sure about this canvas color, though I’ve seen every color variation from what appears to be dark gray to green.

What do ya’ll think?

11 Likes

Progress on the MiniArt Tiran 4. The turret is a PITA. Lots of small fiddly PE for which there is no plastic alternative. Tracks test fitted with an adjustable idler.

Magach

Magach2

Magach3

Magach4

Magach5

Magach6

Magach7

10 Likes

Nice looking tracks for the Tiran DV … and the Magach has come out great as well. Lovely work.

Looks brilliant!

It all depends…

I would try Khaki Drab and see if that works.

1 Like

Panzer Aces Canvas is the best option and then a drybrush with a tan color

If you look closely at the photo from the museum you can see that the canvas for the cabin is green.

In this case you can mix some nato green with a tan shade.

1 Like

That’s most likely because the tarps on that vehicle are not canvas, but rubber coated polyester.

Another angle on the same vehicle.

Now, on this Vietnan War era image of an M548, you can see the tarp is made of heavy gauge Canvas, which is mostly dark Khaki in color.

here’s a good image of an IDF M548 that shows yet another shade of khaki on the tarps. I think this is close to the shade you currently have on your build.

5 Likes

A brand new tarp in this photo

I think depending on the time frame of the vehicle one can use many shades.

161560282_194321865409166_4212422696568981389_n

3 Likes

Hahahahahaha. Those are some of the pictures I’ve been using for this build.

This one looks like the color in the top bottle, to my eyes anyway and I considered it, too.

Edited to add: The hull is Vallejo Air IDF Sinai gray and the soft top is AK Real Color IDF Sinai gray. How about that?

4 Likes

Princess Leia is onboard? :clown_face:

2 Likes

Star decals:

The FN MG for the ring mount disappeared for a couple of days. I must have knocked it off the bench, stepped on it and it stuck to my shoe because my wife found it on the kitchen floor yesterday….,.:roll_eyes:

Fortunately, I’ve got a 3D printed M2.

9 Likes

Plodding along, inbetween other projects… working on the stowage now. Items in place, straps and paint are next.

8 Likes