IDF Diorama

The halftrack and the Dodge 6x6 are coming along nicely, been fixing a couple of figures to go with them, and testfitting some stowage in the Dodge.

7 Likes

They’re coming along great Bert. Some nice figure surgery as well and the one about to get out of the M3 :+1:

1 Like

Thanks John, I know its not Swedish quality but with these old kits i am having a lot of fun :laughing:

1 Like

@bwilt what figures are you using to modify into IDF soldiers/ drivers?

Based on pictures and documentaries the IDF was using all kinds of uniforms and helmets in 1967…

so for now I am using this kit:

7 Likes

True. A mishmash of uniforms and equipment was very common during the first 20 years. It is entirely possible to depict an IDF soldier from that period wearing French uniform, British helmet, armed with a German Kar89k rifle riding an American M3 Halftrack.

3 Likes

Thanks, but I probably won’t make it that crazy :laughing:
Mind you, that’s because I don’t have any French figures or German rifles in my stash… :laughing:

1 Like

And now it is just a matter of adding stowage, changing the position of the second guy, adding stowage, a third figure, some details, some more stowage… :grinning:

11 Likes

Looking good Bert. Figures are really adding to the overall look. Very nice

1 Like

Coming along nicely, Bert. That Halftrack sure looks busy!

1 Like

Like what I see and look forward to the painting

1 Like

This is looking great, Bert, bookmarked!

1 Like

Great job, I look forward to painting :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks guys, not up to painting yet though, still adding stowage, and getting more figures to fit properly …

Really moving along now!
J

@bwilt for your idf paratroopers are you going to do them in a camo scheme or in a solid colored uniform?

Don’t know yet, as I have seen pictures of both…

1 Like

@bwilt well if you do the camo variant i hope you can post a step by step!

Sorry for the off-top, but I have a question: white stripes painted on IDF vehicles were used for quick identification, did they have any other meaning ??

1 Like

They’re air recognition markings. The white rings on tank barrels mark the battalion number (1,2 or 3) within a given brigade.

3 Likes