I'm a Movie Star Group Build

I built that tank last year. But I didn’t scratch build the fuel drum rack.

3 Likes

Had in on in the background the other day. Might try it, but so many ahead of it.

1 Like

You and me both. More projects in my head than time I can reasonably spend at the bench.

1 Like

Okay time to call done on the Bronco Humber Scout car. From “A Bridge too far”. Michael Caine portraying Joe Vandeleur:

It was a fun little build, needing a few scratchbuilt bibs and bobs to represent the vehicle as it is in the film.

17 Likes

Wonderful rendition of both character and vehicle.

1 Like

Excellent job, Pete!

1 Like

That’s fantastic! Congratulations on finishing.

1 Like

Upper wing today. The inside of the fuselage and intake trunking still needed a lot of plastic trimming and sanding to get the wing to fit right. Still needed some clamping.

4 Likes

Very nice finish. Looks like it’s straight out of a movie or something :grin:

2 Likes

Time for an update, a bit of a picture heavy one… sorry…
First just wanted to do the M51 posing as a German Tiger, so painted it and had to get some decals for it:

Problem was I really liked the ambush scene:
inspritation

So I got ta cross:

And then got some figures:

And than got some more figures:

Too bad the figure campaign has ended… I know the uniforms aren’t all correct… but hey… it’s Hollywood… :grinning:
So now have to make a base to get it all together… more next time…

9 Likes

Looking good Bert. A lot of nice elements coming off the work bench.

1 Like

Thanks!

It’s time for me to get off the sidelines and start my entry for this cool GB. I will be building a Mi-24V (Hind-E) used in the Russian movie “Charged with Death”. The movie came out in 1991 and had the Russians and USCG working together to nail some drug smugglers. Ah, when life was simple!

This will start out as a slow build on my part as I have two other builds on my bench that I would like to finish first. I am far enough along that I can start this build while paint is drying on my other builds. Besides, once I am committed to start by posting, it is harder to get distracted and go in another direction! I have the benefit of Syhart’s decal sheet for this Hind, so no excuses for getting the markings. Here’s what I am starting out with:

Time to work on the cockpit!
Have fun modeling!
Mike

8 Likes

Great idea Mike. I love it. Looking forward to seeing it built.

1 Like

Cool they actually made decals for this model from the film :film_projector:

2 Likes

Excellent work guys! I love the Bridge Too Far scout car and the Big Red One “German Tank”.

I found something in my stash that works and started it today…
“Calm Winston, calm…”

This is a 1/35 resin figure of actor Kenneth Moore as Sword Beach Beachmaster Colin Maud, as seen in The Longest Day. The figure is by Scale Model Accesories, from the UK, is nicely detailed and I hope that I can do it proper justice in the paint work. It also includes his on screen British Bulldog companion Winston.

Today was an airbrush session, spraying on some Ammo One Shot Primer…

10 Likes

Very cool choice Carlos. Another great movie with a lot of big name stars.

They do say, that dog’s often resemble their owners…

4 Likes

It is funny how Douglas Bader (Reach for the sky), Captain John Sheppard (Sink the Bismark) and Beachmaster Colin Maud, all war heroes, could be identical triplets… :clown_face: :clown_face:
:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

‘Killdozer’ was written in 1944 by Theodore Sturgeon.

2 Likes

The airframe is pretty much done. Bit of filling needed in a few places to blend in the wing to fuselage and around the intakes.

Now to deal with fuel tanks. These are the only really bad parts in this kit. Lot of fit problems. One side lines up ok, but the other has a big step. Almost looks like the upper part is narrower in shape to the lower. And then there’s the misshapen nose caps. Doesn’t show up in the photos, but there are raised ridges running along the length of them. They also need a lot of jiggling to get looking right with the main body. Get careless and they just look wonky. These parts are a real throw back to Airfix of the 60’s.

4 Likes