I'm a Movie Star Group Build

More great finds

1 Like

Ok, I’m in. I probably will have just a few figures (not much out there and different poses) but I think I’m going to hit the terrain harder to make up for it. The partisans from “Come and See”.

2 Likes

There’s always this
Tiger from “Theirs Is The Glory” filmed in 1946

Panther from the same film

4 Likes

Nice Idea John. I will look forward to seeing some figures here.

I have a copy of the film on DVD. I love that soldiers that were actually there got to appear in the film. I need to dig it out and watch it now.

Looking to build the star of the 2018 Russian war movie “T-34”.

Using the RFM “T-34/85 Factory No.174” as the basis.

7 Likes

A few more choices have been added for this movie…

Plus some Bearcats, Skyraider, and been a Mig-15 (for real, and not a F-84F :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

5 Likes

Nice choices guys.

Zvezda or Airfix for that MiG-15 (1/72) or Trumpeter (1/48)

Also, Bronco makes a Korean War specific MiG-15 in 1/48.

Mig-15bis Fagot-B Korean War, Bronco FB4013 (2020) (scalemates.com)

1 Like

Another good idea; replicate the ex-Belgian Army M41 Walker tanks used in lieu of the M48 Pattons in the movie “Full Metal Jacket”?

And the Westland Wessex Helicopter used in lieu of the H-34 Choctaw.

Good use of those Tamiya M41 Walker kits. This kit is cheap and easy to find in any Hobby Lobby.

The Wessex can be found in 1/48 scale from Italeri as the Wessex HU-5.

Queue the “Surfing Bird” song.

5 Likes

The Wessex can also be found in 1/32 by Fly Models in two versions.

I used the HC.2 and converted it into an actual UH-34D a while ago.

4 Likes

Hmm, considering changing my choice from Grafton’s Intruder to Ens Brown’s Corsair. Could get me a twofer. One for this campaign and one for the NWSM’s Black history month display. :wave:

2 Likes

I am trying to encourage more people to get involved in joining builds and create comradery specific to each build … so one of the rules is:

What does everyone else think… should we allow cross pollination?

I get both sides of the coin, one it opens campaigns up to more people but it also takes away from the spirit of building more models and people who really like to collect badges. Having done both and benefited from it, I usually leave it the campaign managers discretion and move on.

1 Like

Tough call - it’s really down to you as leader. I think the rule crept in ages ago to stop people building one kit and collecting a fist-full of awards. But if the builder is up-front in both campaign threads about it, and maintains that cross-link in all their progress posts I’d be tempted to allow it as a bridge-building exercise between campaigns. Of course that assumes the other campaign will allow it…

1 Like

There are also decals from Caracal out there for Dieter Dengler’s A-1 Skyraider (Rescue Dawn)… :smirk:

I’ve already snagged the Starfighter Decals set for Brown and Hudner and a pair of RoG F4U-4s to support our club’s Black History month display. So I’m mostly set. :wave:

Oops, Did I step in something? It just happens that I’ve got a commitment for a club build and a desire to join in a campaign here on Aeroscale. Given my poor finish rate, I figured I’d try to get two tasks done at once. Since one i inside Aeroscale and the other outside, I thought it was good. :wave:

Oh the choices….

5 Likes

Counting down guys. Just on a fortnight to kick off…

The award:
MovieStar

6 Likes

Can’t remember if I posted or not. I’m in with Revell’s 1/48 Super Hornet as “Maverick’s” jet from Top Gun: Maverick.

50/50 on whether I actually complete it in time though…

4 Likes