Just 3D printed some 1/35 accs. with Elegoo Mars 3

I must say my M60 steel wheels came out better than DEF resin ones (which were expensive and hard to find). First one you see is the real photo, gray ones are my 3D printed wheels, and the green one is the DEF resin AM part.

The nuts are more accurately replicated in my 3D printed version. The multiple rips are well-presented in both AM parts. Boy, the possibilities are endless with this technology! :smiley:

2 Likes

Excellent work @Petition2God ! Are you designing these from scratch?

No. There are too many already made great STLs out there. It is simply not time-efficient to become well versed in CAD and start from scratch. I’ve made minor adjustments to the existing STLs at the most and printed. Most are all downloaded.

1 Like

Looks like you are having fun!

try giving the prints a spray of grey lacquer primer for additional pop.

Printed out some more weapons today. The support placements are tricky b/c the prints are so small and fragile…
FN MAG (or GPMG or M240 depending on where)

RPG-7

6 Likes

Do you know of any Kar98 in 1/35 to print? I have a MG42, but cannot find a good Kar98.

Venko,
I’ll PM you with some URLs with the downloadable Kar98 files.

1 Like

Thanks!
I don’t want to spam your topic, but here are my MG42, M1 carbine and a fuel Jerry can, printed on Mars 3. I have to thicken the trigger of the M1 slightly, because now is very thin and don’t print well.

Regards!

1 Like

Very nice prints, Venko! I had not tried to print with the supports that high. That gives me an idea to try it out. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Hey, Venko,
Have you come across any good files (STL or OBJ) of M4 Sherman VVSS suspension (early) - for purchase or free? I’m not having much luck. Let me know if you can help.

Sadly, no, but I will tell you if I find any.

Some more [modern] prints done today:

9 Likes

Printed some more things today - too much fun. :smiley:
Crates - plastic and wooden

Modern flatback plastic stretchers

M2 50 cal

8 Likes

Looks great, but do you have a catalog with pricing to share?

You said that you printed for a customer…how is the customers supposed to know what you have to offer? :grinning:

Besides 1/16 scale, I wouldn’t mind some custom oddball sizes such as 1/9, 1/18, 1/20, and 1/24…depending on what you’re offering for sale.

Thanks! :grinning:

A few more new prints in 1/35 over the weekend:

M249 para (aka mini)

Vin Diesel looking head next to it. :smiley:

Gatorade coolers/dispensers

Home Depot style 5 gallon buckets - the handle was too thin to print correctly however.

4 Likes

Fellow modelers, any suggestions re: what to add next to my growing portfolio?
What would be good sellable prints (mainly 1/35)?

1 Like

In 1/35 - US and German mess kits. Opened and closed.

1 Like

Unfortunately, won’t be working on any WW2 stuff b/c focusing on modern items.

Added a lot more things available for purchase on the other forum: Selling custom 3D Prints for 1/35 and other scales of your choice

Some (ambitious) painstaking projects I am working on:
Q-net seen on modern vehicles like on MRAPs and other modern vehicles.

Here’s what it looks like on a CAD software:

Real thing in close-up:

Not sure how the rope would hold up in 1/35 due to the tiny size though.

Also planning to work on a modern US radio set like below so it can be printed in different scales- not only 1/35:

We shall see. Planning to add some more interesting stuff over the weekend so please stay tuned. :wink:
Thanks again to those who have ordered from me already. Quite surprised by the response.

Kind regards,
James

3 Likes

How about a 1/35 RPS-42 and LMADIS mk2?

2 Likes