Just 3D printed some 1/35 accs. with Elegoo Mars 3

Hi all,
Any other suggestions for 3D designs you’d suggest and buy?

Kind regards.
James

I would like 1/24 modern ammo vest pouches and weapons to complement 1/24 cars, trucks, and figures.

A common problem and mistake sculptors make is that the ammo vest pouch width is too narrow for the actual magazine on the scale weapon. That’s almost like the mouth is too narrow for the width of the toothbrush and thus the mouth can’t open wide enough to stick the toothbrush inside…it shows and looks odd.

OK, folks, I am only going to say this once and trying to be courteous here.
One trusted member of this community expressed some disappointment of my 3D prints purchased a couple of months ago when I was starting this design/print hobby. It was unexpected b/c there were ample opps for a feedback beforehand.
First, I do acknowledge that my CAD and printing skills were not very good because I was starting out. A lot has changed even in three months. What I do ask is:

1. Please communicate and engage in an open dialogue and constructive feedback as soon as possible when issues arise. This helps me to improve the work quality, and I can provide the remedy such as the rework, reprint, or even a refund.

2. Engaging in an honest, constructive discourse in a timely fashion results in a positive working relationship, instead of unpleasant exchange and breaking trust between modelers. Like I said before, I am not a business - just a modeler like you all are and trying to have fun. Seriously, there is no monetary profit being made here - I barely cover my costs.

3. There are some of you still asking tons of questions about pricing, availability, doing the CAD work and printing even before payment is made. I understand that you’re trying to do the research before spending the money, but doing this repeatedly at the expense of my time is not courteous. Please only ask question if you are a serious buyer, and after you decide not to buy from me, please at least have some respect of telling me ‘no’, instead of radio silence.

I hope this is reasonable and understandable.

Kind regards,
James

3 Likes

I have seen this first hand. Buy with confidence. :+1:

1 Like

A few more things printed for a fellow modeler all in 1/35:

M240 mgs had a small misprint of the handles - It was hollow and too thin to print - will make it into solid next time:

M72 LAWs, MRE pouches, jerry can holders, metal chair:

Kind regards,
James

2 Likes

Hi all,
People have been asking to come up with a comprehensive list of my 3D designs/prints. I have been CADing so many lately, and I wasn’t keeping up with the list either. So here’s what I can gather so far:

10 types of male figure heads
5 types of female figure heads
2 types of stretchers

3 types of backboards
3 types of sleeping mat rolls
4 types of boxes
2 types of MOLLE packs
1 type of sleeping bag
Set of 5 types of modern US supplies
3 types of coolers (Coleman style)
Binoculars
Modern tow hook (seen on Abrams or Bradley)

Modern tow pintle
Small chains
3 types of window A/C units (for dioramas)
2 types of hand grenade
M14 rifle
M249 SAW (solid stock)
M249 SAW mini
AK-47
AK-74
5 types of M4 carbine
AR-15
MK-14
Kar98
Toilet paper
Paper towel roll
Modern fuel can

Modern water can
LPG tank cylinder
UMP-45
MP5
MP5K
Javelin missile launcher
Modern SF helmet (mid-cut)
M48/60 steel type wheels

M48/60 final drive wheel

M48/60 final drive wheel housing
M48A3 light guards (WIP)

M48 spring bumpers
M1 Abrams spare wheel
Jeep wheels
M60 MG (2 types)
Famas F1
L85A2
BAR M1918
FN MAG

FN SCAR

M240 MG
M2 50 cal and its parts
Leopard 2A5/6 track accessories

Leopard 2A5/6 commander’s scope

5 gallon buckets

Milk jug

Beverage coolers

Russian ERA blocks

NLAW

M72 LAW

Plastic baskets/crates

Plastic chairs

Traffic cones/barriers

Metal folding chairs

Pelican cases

Oil drum

MRE pouches

Hand tools

Cats/dogs

Garbage dumpsters

SINCGARS radios (RT-1523B/C and RT-1523E/F/G)

AN/PRC-117F radio

Antenna mast base

IV bags

Russian vehicle NBC filters

Gaz Tiger remote weapons station

M18A1 Claymores

M136 AT4

M67 90mm RR

M20 super bazooka

4 types of Russian RPGs

AN/PRC-77 radio

M54 gun truck modif parts (turnbuckles, armored doors and windshield)
Chain/load binders

Ukrainian Gaz 66 custom grill
Burnt civilian modern cars (WIP)

BGM-71 TOW missile (WIP)
M113 light guards (WIP)
Modern US snowshoes (WIP)

2 Likes

I would just like to say that James does some great work, if he has something you need, buy with confidence. He basically does this for his costs. I’ve placed two orders so far and love his work, I will be gathering more. If you need something special, just ask, he may be able to do it.
Mike

1 Like

Hi fellow hobbyists,
FYI. I won’t be taking anymore orders this month due to vacation and work schedules. Please get back to me in July.
Thank you for your support.

Kind regards,
James

1 Like

I received my 1/16 snowshoes and I must say that James’s printer is really awesome! He can print straps that are as thin as a human hair!

The details and delicacy are truly remarkable in that 3-D printing has come a long way from the Shapeways days.

James packages well and has excellent Customer Service! Thanks, James! :grinning:

2 Likes

Back from a vacation. Caught Covid after it (probably at the US airport) but soldiering on~ :laughing: M48# wheels, sprockets, M2s, M240, water can, cats in 1/35.

Can you see all the holes? This technology still amazes me.

3 Likes

CADed more Cold War US stuff. M16A1 and jerry cans.
For M16A1- I wasn’t too satisfied with any of the injection molded depictions in 1/35. Many were missing the holes (top and bottom) and grooves on the handguard. Hopefully, 3D printing will do a better job:

Jerry cans (2 types of caps)

Printing them in a few hours.

2 Likes

Looking good. How about doing the M16A1s w/30 round magazine so they can be '70s - '80s rifles? There are not really any good M16A1s w/30 rd mags. I will buy a few in that config.

CADed and printed.

1/35

1/24

Some M60s

3 Likes

The M16 w/30 rd mag looks good. PM inbound.

Some photos of the M16A1 with 30 round mag:

1 Like

Hello fellow modelers,
Looks like I may be printing out some 1/35 ball chain armor for Merkava tanks.

I was able to successfully print out thin links of chain w/out any damage. I used 1/2 washable UV resin mixed with 1/2 more expensive ABS-like UV resin to get a less brittle print, and the experiment turned out nicely. Wish me luck on those ball chains. :smiley:

Kind regards,
James

3 Likes

I just received a few of the above shown M16A1s w/30 rd mags. They look great. Kudos to James for designing and printing them, nice work.

As far as I can see, they are the only AM "70s-'80s M16A1 w/30 rd mag available.

1 Like

Was able to print M54 gun truck detail parts W/OUT any damage to the thinnest parts. Some light sanding will perfect these:

Turnbuckles were nicely printed as before:

3D printing skills improving.

1 Like

50 cal. ammo box in 1/16. Still need to air dry, UV cure, and take them off the supports.

5 Likes

Those look really sharp.

1 Like