I use the chose the RFM PantherG / 5018 kit for this project, the reinforced gun mantlet came from TAKOM and so did the track link holders on the hull sides.
I tend to paint my models as close to the original so that is why I take all these individual steps:
I started with the turret … although I have the appropriate mask set for the Disc-Camo I decided against it after making a sample on an old M60 turret.
It appeared a little too “dense” for my taste so I chose doing it the hard way.
Although quite time consuming it allowed me to replicate the designate scheme more closely which does not reflect a “uniform”, rather a more random appearance.
Appearance is still rather " bright", I believe when weathered all colours will have the right match in tone … got the running gear painted too and will start dirtying them up first, I honestly hate doing all those road wheels.