Lend Lease Campaign Thread

That’s looking really sweet.

1 Like

The Honey is 'looking really sweet '- intentional Phil??? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :joy:

Mike, Digger the internal workings are looking great guys

1 Like

It’s turning to winter up here and I’m feeling like hibernating, so it was unintentional but fully in line with my mood - bears love honey.

1 Like

Looking Great, Digger! A sweet ride :wink:

I have gotten the decals on my Havoc. Very nice with a big splash of contrast color from the markings.

More to follow :slight_smile:

image image

3 Likes

Looks great Jesper. Barrels still intact. :+1:

1 Like

That’s exactly what went through my head!

1 Like

D1GG3r321, Nice progress on the assembly… and nice work on the PE.

Jesper, The markings look great. Nice contrast, as you’ve mentioned.

Cheers!:beer:
—mike

2 Likes

Thanks for the comments, guys. Weathering has started. Here’s hoping for the barrels to survive :slight_smile:

Just a small update on the Diamond T… Alignment clamps came out to play!

Drilled and pinned steering assembly… workable for now.

Here’s a little more work on the Diamond T running gear. I added 0.51mm brass pins to the suspension, and a 1.5mm rod to the rear mount for more positive contact between parts.

And now it’s back to the drawing board to decipher the nightmare which is the drivetrain!:crazy_face: … We’ll be back after this commercial break…

—mike

2 Likes

after this long commercial break… :rofl:

Looking good Mike. You are taming it well.

Thank’s Peter! This is one beast of a kit, so I’m not sure who’s taming who! :lion:

… And back from the break. Here’s another installment from further on down the assembly line. :hammer_and_wrench:
Thought I’d drop the engine in for a quick fit check — think I got lucky! :sweat_smile:

The hub mounts are dry-fitted for now. Drivetrain to follow soon…

Cheers!:beer:
—mike

3 Likes

Shame the engine will be hidden. You done a great job with it … As per the rest :+1:

Thank’s John! … And by popular demand, I’ve decided to raise the left bonnet to expose the engine.
—mike

2 Likes

Good call Mike … You know it makes sense :+1:

Mike, sounds great. Looks very nice so far - looking forward to see more :slightly_smiling_face:

I have finished my lend lease A-20 Havoc in Soviet colors. The guns survived all the way through the build :wink:

Next it will go and hand in the ceiling or in the glass cabinet.

Tried a couple of new techniques on the shading on the wings and the (very) shallow panel lines. Pretty satisfied.

I also tried decals for cockpit framing. Very satisfied with it - especially for relatively straight lines like this. I will try it again for sure.

Here are final pictures of my build. I guess there is no gallery to upload to anymore since there are no ribbons?

Comments welcome :slight_smile:

image image

image image

5 Likes

That looks fantastic! I love the shading!

1 Like

Jesper, Congratulations on your very nice finish!:medal_sports:
—mike

1 Like

Great build. Looks amazing Jesper

1 Like