Let my heart be still a moment and this mystery explore

Yes. Seems like some possibilities out there to honor man’s best friend.

1/35 scale miniatures Animals Dogs 8 sand table model of the scene Resin Model Kit figure Free Shipping

US $12.90

2 Likes

Just found this and really enjoyed going thru what you’ve created:
SBS process, products and techniques used, and naturally your personal exp.
Always great to see something new and truly original for a change.

Dave :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you for your very kind words! It is always a lift to think that the effort is seen. Wishing you well and hoping to see more of your work as well

Thanks for that, just an above avg lurker enjoying the site.
But what you’ve shared is quite unique, IMO.
Dave :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Recently inspired by others on the website that are using the wonderful black and white variations in their work. Just messing around with existing photos and photoshop edits here for dramatic effect.

1 Like

4 Likes

No safety belt?

1 Like

barnslayer you are correct, but I highly recommend the harness. Normally I used the Hunter Safety System (HSS) harness and belt. Not this day with Bucky. My many excuses included this stand was not as far up in the air as most, plus the ladder was easier to use without the lines in the way. I forget if it was 2018 or the next year that this same friend fell while moving a different Quick Stick Climbing System tree stand. Broke his shoulder. Had a long walk to get back to the truck and no cell service. He has since allowed me to buy him HSS safety ropes. He first made fun of them because the safety rope weave would reflect light in a weird way at night. Still that was enough of a fall to convince him ropes are worthwhile. I am a fan now but not that day.

This quick ladder type stand clearly needs a harness!

1 Like

Broken shoulder better than a broken neck. Sometimes the Lord needs to smack some sense into each of us.

2 Likes

and

1 Like

I have been working with a plastic cover for this in order to keep the dust off the model and dio. Wondering what others have done to keep the cover on the bottom plate? I have tried just clear tape in the past, but looking for something nicer. Any one want to please share covers you have used? Thanks!

Here’s an option. Pricy but extremely high quality display cases.

Note: I have no affiliation with company.

—mike

2 Likes

Very nice Mike! Thank you. I think the plastic bases would be a nice price compromise over the mahogany. Please share what you have worked with this POP vendor. Do you have any photos? _All the best - Stuart

1 Like

You’re welcome Stuart. As far as “completely” finished, there’s not too much to see around these parts. But here’s a link to one of my vignettes from May 2022.
‘Axle Grease on Rouge’

I’ve got two more display boxes (and counting) very close to being filled with diorama goodies. However, it’s too soon to divulge their contents. This is one of the ‘Custom Size Acrylic Boxes with Black Faux Wood Base and Black Acrylic Insert’ (5"x10"x10")… just an empty nest at this time.

And you should see the care ‘shoPOPdisplays’ takes in their packaging for shipping. :package:
BTW: They do custom work as well — fractional inches usually round-up to the next full size for cost.

Cheers!:beer:
—mike

2 Likes

I really liked your recommendation. I went with the custom shoPOPdisplays box. Pricey, but as you said, very nice quality. I am pleased!

6 Likes

@ Stuart (amoz02t). Happy to help. They do Plexiglas well!
Q: Is that tape on the bottom 4 corners?

—mike

1 Like

Thank you Mike. No. Not tape. I was trying to secure the lid as it is heavy and likely to wipe out the display if it shifted when transported. I added Velcro tabs at each corner and two Velcro straps that run under the base. It looks like hell while attached, but easy to pull off for display. Please let me know what you have tried to secure the clear top to the base? I considered everything from brass fittings to gray tape. Looking for better ideas always.

2 Likes

Wonderful work. Your whole display came out real nice. I really like the arrowhead shape of it. Also, glad to see you placed it under the glass. Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Thank you Mike. This was a fun dio and I learned a lot. This plastic display case makes the sense of completion more real to me (and easier to dust :smile:)

3 Likes

For the type of base you have in the picture, the best material to use is Orthodontic Wax. This material is opaque and practically disappears when used.

A small amount can be warmed between your fingers while rolling into a small ball.
Place each softened wax ball under each bottom corner of the clear box (vitrine).
Then fit the vitrine onto the base by pressing down gently to ‘squish’ the balls of wax.

hope that helps…

2 Likes