Let's see our Stash

Nothing to see here

2 Likes

Gee, I’m feeling a little under equipped. Just under 400 kits. Here’s a few of them.

3 Likes

Maybe 1400 - 1500 kits… The vast majority 1/35 armor / mil vehicles and some accessories kits. Lots of PE sets and a little resin AM stuff. A few dupes and even triples and quadruples of a few odd subjects (Tristar Pz 1A early/late w/ complete interior, and Tristar 2cm FlaK 38 may exist in 5 or 6 each… :crazy_face:), but most are “singletons”. I KNOW that I’ll never build most of them, and I DO keep adding to the pile… Each was bought because the subject interested me and the kit came at a very nice price at the moment of discovery. Leading to the wife sighing dramatically each time I head out the door for a model show… :rofl: Sadly (for photo ops), most reside in big storage boxes, so a boring pic at best. On balance, there are at least 5 or 6 little stash piles under beds, in closets, around my bench, etc., as new kits hang out and get fondled for a bit before going into the storage bay, and older kits are constantly surfacing from storage as the subject re-emerges in the front of my mind… The stash pile is like a simmering pot - constantly slowly turning over and getting reviewed. A thin froth of new stuff swirls around the surface and eventually sinks down into the pile. As those darned manufacturers keep coming out with new kits on interesting subjects, I just keep buying - fear it’ll never be again, the subject is very interesting, it looks cool - and I can afford to do it. But I have slowed down a little! :grin:

8 Likes

Heres a pic of my tiny stash and where I keep some of my reference books.
(Yes…that is a Platty Edition Flower class Corvette…)

5 Likes

Nothing sad about that stash :wink:
just watch out and keep building so that it doesn’t grow too big …

3 Likes

Well,

I pray Robin does not show his stash- it will kill the topic, for sure :rofl:

:beer:
Angel

7 Likes

Robin can’t show his stash… There isn’t enough storage space on the site for all the pictures…:grin:

And @Panzer_modeler , I would be more than happy with a half of your sad stash lol…that’s a nice working pile of kits :+1:

3 Likes

Your right John I shouldn’t be complaining… I do have a few really nice kits in there I look forward to building. :grin:

1 Like

Thanks guys, give me lots of ammo to use when the wife says do you really need more? My stash is tiny (9 kits right now), but I just got back in so all were bought this year. I might add a TBM avenger and B-25 this thursday (just noticed my local store has both of the academy reboxing of the accurate miniature kits).

3 Likes

My stash is largely stored in plastic tubs so a bit difficult to photograph.
According to my Scalemates stash log I have 142 items. Mostly 1/48 aircraft (92 ? - mostly WW II and of those mostly Japanese)
A few 1/35 WW II soft skins and artillery ( mostly British )
A couple of 1/350 Destroyers
4 1/32 Wingnut Wings
A couple 1/24 cars
A couple 1/12 motorcycles
1/72 VII C U boat and gobs of aftermarket stuff for it
@ 68 yrs old I likely will not live long enough to build all of them even if it were my only hobby ( I think I have completed 7 1/48 aircraft in the past year) but it is really a small expenditure compared to the costs of some of my friends toys ( owning & flying aircraft for one )
The thing I like about having a stash is having a selection to choose your next build - some times I have them lined up and other times I don’t choose until the current project is done .

4 Likes

Wow, some of your stashes are awesome, mates :sweat_smile:
Here are a few photos of most of my kits and my bench and well, sometimes I think when will I build them…? :laughing:

Well, half a dozen are still stacked away in a surplus suitcase, mostly aircraft.

…and two armor pieces, because there’s the 45th anniversary of my end of military service coming up in June. So I bought these two examples of my working space then. I hope I will build them at least this year :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Cheers guys
Peter :raising_hand_man:

3 Likes

…and a little insight into my “Man Cave” :blush:

:raising_hand_man:

3 Likes

These pictures only show the visible kits. I have a standard closet absolutely stuffed with kits and I also have kits sitting out in my sea container as I had absolutely no space left to put anything without causing a divorce. If I had to guess I am likely some where in the 1000 +/- unbuilt kits ranging from figures to 1/16 scale armour now. My scales range from 28 mm up to 1/9. The majority is 1/35 armour spanning from WW2 to modern subjects. I dabble in pretty much all genres if it speaks to me then I’m likely to pick it up. My son has introduced me to war hammer 40k stuff I particularly like the orks and tyranids.

4 Likes

These are shots of my modeling/bedroom as I am now sleeping in there because with my Parkinson’s I move to much for my wife and daughter. My son and I work in there. I am part way through a reorganization of the room and my stash. Kits that I haven’t the display space made for them yet will join others in the sea container until I finish putting up the shelving. Not likely to happen this year since I haven’t been able to order the brackets for a couple of rooms that need more shelves put into them to increase my space for completed projects. Getting rid of the neighbour and expanding onto his side would definitely help me with space issues. :joy:

Sorry if I put to much in. I’m new to the forum thing learning on the fly!

My internet is horrible so I will try again later to add a few into here to show what I’m working with room wise.

I added some additional ones showing the liquid metal finish a bit better and also how the room has changed. I’m about halfway finished reorganizing it. But it is now useable again after about 6 months not being able to function very well in it. Each time it’s improved things for us. This is the last big rip down of the room leaving just a few areas left to finish!! Good thing it’s still cold out here. I’m a fair weather worker outside

5 Likes

Not to worry! We always like to see others collections.

1 Like

It may take a bit to get through my internet is not the fastest thing around unfortunately. I’m waiting on star link to cover my area and then I should have decent speed finally.

Hopefully the rest will finish loading otherwise I may have pushed my luck a little to far again with my wonderful connection :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::flushed::face_with_monocle::shushing_face:

@Succubus Al,

What did you use for the gold on the shield? Looks outstandingly good like gold leaf. I like the Centurion as well. The shield rocks.

That’s the liquid gold from Vallejo if I remember right the more coats the richer it gets, it’s an alcohol base packed with metallic flakes. I do use some of the citadel line that my son has. I have one of the large scale space marines that I have used both the gold and silver on

Here’s an example of probably in around about 10 coats of the liquid metal then a few of gloss on the shoulder pads. He’s not quite done yet I ordered some decals to pick from to make him unique. My younger son got one and wanted to make a necklace of fingers so I contributed a hand for his project that’s sitting since he prefers games over models. His older brother got the bug so he has his own space that he’s occupied for the last two years. Since these guys apparently never die I built him a suitable replacement for his lost hand with multiple weapon options available. Jerry told me that the group I am more or less creating with this fellow are sent on the impossible missions usually only in pairs or alone. They are the elite of the elite. :thinking:

2 Likes

Not sure how the tank got in there it’s one a friend of mine done. Oops :grimacing:

The centurion is a mini art kit their fantasy line. It was rather challenging getting everything painted on that pair for their face off.

For the Roman I really didn’t like the decals with the kit. But fortunately for me my son Jerry is really interested in that period of history so he showed how some shields looked and then it was a task masking a pattern on the fly. He is a mini art kit I had gotten a bunch for Jerry without realizing just how daunting the kits actually are. The instructions are basically a picture of what it could look like then it’s up to you from there. He started a samurai 2 years ago and it’s sitting on his shelf about half finished as it did frustrate him so much and then he discovered games workshop war hammer 40 k and he’s been absolutely on fire ever since each figure he completes is so much better than the one prior and he’s been forcing me out of my comfort zones so I can help him along.

So these ones show his progress from the samurai up to the very latest he’s completed. The blue space marine was his first shot at doing one. He’s turning 21 in November god I wished I had the talent that I see in what he is doing. Having a mentor seems to really help.

4 Likes