Let's see our Stash

These two give a better idea of the metallic finish on him.

3 Likes

Just some of my sons in progress stash. He’s already filled two shelves so I have to give him his own section for his boxes waiting to be started.

1 Like

Holy cow lol. I don’t feel so bad at 250. Mins are in cardboard boxes, I much prefer your hobby shop type of storage lol!

1 Like

I have to shame, I have no stash just about 2 m of things to do
and plenty of ideas in my wicked brain.

4 Likes

I always enjoy these “lets see your stash” etc posts - interesting to see what model builders are up to. I don’t have a huge stash, but do have enoughto keep me building for a long time!

I have one pile for accessories and details, and another for kits - and of course, behind the work chair, some MFH kits. And, in the lower left, my workbench! yeah…very tidy :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I’m in the middle of a dio right now and am doing a lot of scratch work /modification to vehicle kits to serve my purposes!

Happy model building

Cheers
Nick

4 Likes

Crap. I need to have a word to the wife. I’ve got 4 kits in my stash. Er maybe it doesn’t even qualify as a stash.
It took me 4 months to build a RFM Panzer iv J interior kit. Then I thought I was rushing it.

A confession - I’ve been a model railroader for many many years. And yes I have a stash of railroad related kits. Many of them classified as ‘craftsman kits’. Many cost hundreds of dollars at the time. Now worth way more as most were limited run. So I guess I do have a stash as such.

bruce

Will have updated stash photos soon as the stash will get a major downsizing with a move coming next month.

Here’s my stash. Not much, but not bad either. I’ll see if I can sneak some more in this summer :wink:

6 Likes

Well I might not be able to compare to any of you guys huge stashes I have what I think is the perfect amount for me.
Its around 75 kits and resin sets but they are all ones I really like and will build!

3 Likes

Don’t see any things with wings in there Ezra … :wink:

Don’t see any things with wings in there Ezra … :wink:

Actually… :wink:

2 Likes

Here is mine, fairly small, but the addiction is real. I had previously only bought one kit at a time. I recently returned to the hobby and all of these were bought this year. Mine is pretty evenly split between winged and tracked things. Some I won’t touch for a while, like the TBM avenger and F-16 my two prized kits.

3 Likes

Attaboy Ezra !

1 Like

Just under 400 myself:

And that doesn’t show the 23 kits in my computer room that I am working on.

3 Likes

I have limited time and space for modelling so in comparison to others just a small stash, but some quality kits. They are sorted into country of use. German armour on the left (2 kits, 1 figures), then U.S in the middle (except the Honey, as i cant reach the top of the right hand side) and then British on the right. All ww2 themed, missing from.the picture is a afv club 95mm churchill and another rye field sherman firefly thats in the way.

My wine stash is more impressive, but thats what happens when you work in the industry haha.

4 Likes

Here is my stash of about 250 kits at least; not including a few big boxes of resin figures and AM sets on top of my old model railroad train table lol. The metal shelves are the overflow lol.

5 Likes

I see in that unfinished basement the potential to draw out some serious lines and putting up of some stud walls to mark out a build room before the Lady of the House lays claim to it all.

That’s been my plan for 21 years lol…… as long as we’ve been in the house! I do have a plan for a serious man cave/ model room. The only thing she gets is a laundry room !

My ship stash. I also have some tanks and planes in 6 or 7 bankers boxes in another room

4 Likes

That’s a lot of ships; I used to stand and stare at the 1/700 ship section when I was younger but never took the plunge. Have considered maybe a few specific ships in 1/700 such as the Lexington, since CV-16 was stationed in the bay beside my hometown until 1992.

Can you recommend a company who makes 1/700 subjects that look good even without extensive PE? I have an injury in one hand that makes handling tiny stuff frustrating; it’s why 1/32 and 1/35 are my lower limit for air and ground forces. Obviously I can’t build 1/35 battleships without attracting my wife’s negative attention so must go smaller, or at least as small as I can without rolling up into a ball under my countertop.

My top interests would be WWII primarily Japanese and USN subjects, with iconic vessels from all theaters and nations possible. I have been following some Flyhawk kits online that I hear good things about but I don’t know much about ship kits. Last one I built may very well have been Revell’s Bon Homme Richard carrier kit.