Let's see our Workbench

Yup, 2005 Mitsubishi Montero. Seats 7, or 50 1/35 scale kits plus luggage and aftermarket! :+1:

Yes. Along with Armorama, Aeroscale, etc., there is an “Uncategorized” Section, which this thread is in.

So I guess I need to upgrade my 2003 Ford Escape with its paltry 66 cubic feet of storage space! :laughing:

Thanks. The problem is, none of the sites or categories are highlighted, so I don’t know where I’m even at! This particular thread popped on the right-hand column, labelled “Latest Posts”…but as I said, since there’s no path listed, in the future, I’ll spend probaby too much time trying tohunt this thread down, and just wind up abandoning the effort. :confounded:

This is NOT MY stash, but it belongs to a good modeling friend. It’s in a detached, two-car garage that is filled floor to ceiling (with even more models in the enclosed attic space). There are double rows of shelves down the middle and shelves around the walls. There are cartons of models on the floor.

I can’t put his name out in public since I haven’t asked him about posting these, but when ever I hear about model stashes, this is the one I think about…

(Any guys in my AMPS club who know who this is, keep it to yourself, LOL!)

And, no, the stash doesn’t belong to this guy either… Although some of you may recognize him from his vendor tables at various model shows:

Tiger Werke Resin

my workspace in the basement .

Covid19 is making it very hard Tony .

1 Like

Since you have replied to this thread the system will be Tracking it for you.
If you scroll all the way down there is an option in the lower left corner to set your level of interest in this thread. The options are: Watching, Tracking, Normal, Muted.
There is a short explanatory text for each alternative to assist in making the right choice.

1 Like

OK, here’s my workbench. We finished a portion of the basement just before the pandemic and I got set up my dream workspace. It’s divided into four areas, each with a different purpose.

This is the first area–at the back, not really visible, is where my computer sits, In front of it is the main assembly bench. It is for, well, assembling kits!

These are the other three stations: to the left is the hand-painting area, then the spray booth, and then on the far right is the decaling area.

It’s 100% Ikea furniture, some of it really old (the assembly table dates to 1999!) and some very new. I only have one chair for all four stations (the blue one), so I zoom around as needed, which adds a bit of fun…

6 Likes

5h
First, you go to the AMPS Internationals every year and come home with 40 or 50 kits in the back of your truck. That quickly builds an impressive stash. Then, you retire from the Army, get remarried to someone who accepts the stash, build yourself a studio when the kids move out, and spend the rest of your days building models and grooving on tunes.

Blockquote

So, I guess the first thing I need to do is get me a truck!! :laughing:

You guys missed it, The first thing is to get a wife who is OK with your modeling, The rest is just logistics.

4 Likes

Just bookmark it, you won’t have to look for it🙂

Time to try out the new picture posting…

My bench and stash as of today. Took a corner of the basement and made a dedicated workbench, quick and dirty. Most of the rest of the basement doubles as my shop for home improvement projects, so it gets dusty down there. Thinking about expanding the bench out this winter, I want to wrap it around the corner, have a build station, and a painting station, separated by a small computer in the middle. Might actually paint it this time too.

3 Likes

Mate don’t tell me, just that the Aircon in the garage would consume so much electricity that it would cost me less to buy a house with an extra room! … :roll_eyes:

Yeah nah… :grin:
here in North Queensland the Tooheys is not very popular, if you see someone drinking Tooheys New or Old 90% is from New South Wales,the Tooheys ExtraDry it’s more popular.

My hole of doom/ creativity

5 Likes

Now you’re talkin’ . . . a fully funtional cockpit!

1 Like

the new builds so far since 2003.

2 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

Interesting place to put those cabinets. Don’t think I’ve ever seen that before.

3 Likes

Here’s my work area - it’s one of the upstairs bedrooms. The two pictures are taken from opposite corners.

This is the actual work area:

Tim

1 Like