Look What the Tide Washed Up! (Model Shipwrights)

Maybe not the smartest idea I have had but I got the Tamiya 1/700 CV-6 “free” from a contest raffle and sunk money into it.

2 Likes

It’s been a while since I posted here. Haven’t really been spending money on the hobby, just trying to work down my stash a bit.

However, in working down the stash I do need a fair amount of aftermarket and aftermarket doesn’t count towards the stash right…

I have bigger project idea that I want to get cracking on. Just need to finish up all current and committed campaigns. With the above I wonder what I have in mind? :thinking:

4 Likes

I hear that, Rory! :innocent: :money_with_wings: :money_with_wings: :money_with_wings:

Right :innocent: :wink:

Hm… Something in the order of a Queen Elizabeth class BB, but I wonder which one and what time period :thinking:

That will be part of it, but not all. I am thinking it will be a multi year endeavor.

1 Like

Right!

Mark :beer:

This floated ashore two days earlier than expected!

—mike

3 Likes

Check out the cable series “Turned. Washington’s Spies” There was an episode which included the Turtle with both exterior and interior footage. The USS Intrepid Museum ship also has a recreation of the same.

1 Like

@DennisatAutoloader made me a set of decals to complete this project. :raised_hands: :+1:

1 Like

It’s been a while since I posted. Today I negociated for simon mills work on the britannic and earlier this week, I got 2 of mark chirnside book on the olympic class

https://www.markchirnside.co.uk/Images/Pics/7-OlympicClassIllustrated2012BookCover.jpg
https://www.markchirnside.co.uk/Images/Pics/6-OlympicClassShips2011BookCover.jpg
I got this titanic giftset, I intend to use the 1/1200 titanic for a 3 funnel olympic and the 1/570 for a june 1911 britannic with the hospital ship livery.

4 Likes

Would this be one of the alternative proposed designs or “as built” with the aft-most funnel removed? I contemplated an “alternative history” where “Titanic” had an uneventful maiden voyage and therefore none of the post-sinking modifications (to “Olympic” and “Britannic”) are necessary. The WW1 Titanic would armed as designed (she was built to carry guns) but with the fourth funnel removed in favour of a smaller structure for the necessary functions it did perform and the space utilised for a couple of AA guns. The ship would be dazzle-painted, probably in a fictional scheme rather than that of the “Olympic”; for some reason every U.K. built ship had a unique scheme designed for it (original models of the design still exist for many).

Regards,

M

I know I have a problem. I just cant say no to Capital Ships…

Also, because I enjoy a “challenge” I decided to test my skills and patience with this:

And you guessed it, it uses the Banner/Hobby Boss kit as its base with all its well known issues. That being said, I plan to have very little above the deck line be from the kit parts. It also comes with a bunch of other AM which is the reason I opted for this kit. PE, Barrels and 3D resin parts.

The 3D printed parts are gorgeous.

I also have a deck on its way from evilbay and I am fairly sure I will be visiting @Model_Monkey in the near future as he has some simply gorgeous superstructure detail on offer which will make my life way easier.

5 Likes

My recent acquisitions,

Well the Konigsberg was a gift from Mrs Duster, 1/700th is not normally my scale any more, but been reading about the Fleet air arm in Norway, and that is the only game in town, very fine detail.

Some Black Cat weaponry for future projects

Cheers, Si

2 Likes

Nice!
Unless MikroMir has recently add it to the PE fret, you will have to scratchbuilt the upper rails for the UB I conning tower…mine, which I bought a year or so ago, did not include
them…bummer!
Cheers and have fun with those kits,

Hi Joe,

There is a small fret, but the upper railings on the conning tower are not on it, a bit of a pain, but not not insoluble.

Thanks,

Cheers, Si

With Gold Medal Models winding down their ship department I hopped onto ebay to see what was available for some of the kits I have. Didn’t find anything for what I have but I did stumble onto a really good deal for something I didn’t have.

Got this for a steal. With shipping and the PE, this still cost less than just the ship in my local store.

3 Likes

Not so much what the tide washed but more like what the brother in law helped me get with his pickup.

Found this on Facebook market place for $75 so jumped on it. Lighted curio display case.

It joins my row of eclectic, mismatched display cases :stuck_out_tongue:

I have decided that it will be my Pre-Cold War case so moved over some ships and I am very happy with it.

Now my only problem is I have completely run out of space in the mancave :fearful:

8 Likes

Luxury problems, my friend :star_struck:

nice.

Very good pickups for displaying your works…Cheers Mark

Hey all,

After a long wait it has finally arrived. Three-D Wild’s 1/350 Imperial Japanese navy Aircraft Carr Soryu has finally made it to the Naval Board of Review and will e scheduled for build within the year.

My plan is that once I finish the IJN Heian Maru I am focusing on the Kdo Butai - the only question is do I finish the Shokaku before moving on the the Soryu or do I just dive into the Soryu

In either case - I want to build all six carriers - long term goals!!!

More to come

David

6 Likes