Look What the Tide Washed Up! (Model Shipwrights)

I decided I had to get a friend for my Musashi since she is the only IJN ship in my fleet. Used some birthday money and ended up with this:

I really like that it comes with most of the PE included though lord knows when I will get to her.

5 Likes

Attractive destroyer you aquired here Rory :+1:

1 Like

Some very attractive Scaledecks for my 1/200 Titanic, 1/350 Battleship Queen Elisabeth and 1/350 Cruiser Exeter arrived today at my harbor.

These decks really make a difference :yum: :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Cool, Thomas! ScaleDecks products are the most attractive and realistic wood decks I’ve yet seen, but they are not noted for their good fit. I look forward to seeing how they work out for you!

1 Like

They really do, especially when weathered nicely.

Looking forward to your write-up, Randy.

1 Like

Rory, hope you get Yukikaze’s keel down and built up soon. I have that model and would like to see someone competent build it before I try.

Sadly I must disappoint. I have a very large project scheduled to start January 1st which will take up all my slipways :blush::wink:. Once that’s done I can look at Yukikaze and some of my other floaty things!

1 Like

Friends another Salty read has arrived, courtesy the Black Friday sales on Amazon!

Normally $150 this was on sale at $90… good value at 384 pages and hard cover too :grin:

2 Likes

Venturing into seaborne things for the third time. Unfortunately it doesn’t have the USS Nathan Hale name and number, which is the boat I’m doing. But that’s solvable.

2 Likes

My christmas present to myself from the LHS. I think I’ll paint it with the color scheme she wore during the Norway campaign. It doesn’t look dark enough to be 507A but may be very faded 507A. I like that false bow wave.

3 Likes

Nice project Steve,

I enjoyed this kit a lot.

Cheers, Si

Well, no styrene under the tree this year, but, the next best thing

This fits in perfectly with what I’ve got planned for this year’s projects! :innocent:

Who else received styrene related goodies under the tree this year? :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Very good book Russ, I like David Hobbs’ books on the Fleet Air Arm.

Nothing Nautical, but some very nice warhammer 40k.

Cheers, Si

2 Likes

Agreed Si, David’s books make for really interesting reading on RN’s naval aviation and all things flat topped…

Those war hammer books look interesting too :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Been years since I played and have long since sold off my armies. Some of the new 40K stuff almost makes me want to get back into the game but then I look at the prices and run away screaming. GW really is taking the p****.

2 very nice books arrived under my Christmas Tree, care of Mrs. McRunty.

Given what I have planned for 2023, this will come in VERY handy!

And then of course the story of Taffy 3. I have been wanting to read this for ages.

4 Likes

This is my christmas present for myself :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:: I was able to get that Airfix HMS Illustrious carrier for a very reasonable price in Ebay so I can´t resist:

When I opened the box I was somewhat sobered by the quality of some parts. I therefore ordered some extras for it which all arrived before christmas under my tree:
Seaking helicopters from Trumpeter as the Airfix one are much too simplistic

Some high quality 3d printed Sea Harriers from The Dorset Printman to crowd the deck

HMS Illustrious Airwing etched set from Atlantic Models (very useful extras!)

the full 3 part of EDUARD´s etched set for this carrier

and finally one set of lots of tiny decals for the carrier and its aircraft and helicopters from Orange Connex, China

This one have got a high priority on my future building queue list :smiling_face: :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

4 Likes

5 Likes

Cool Buys so far. Here are some of my latest Purchases…Cheers mark

2 Likes

Once burned twice shy for me I am afraid. After the trials I (and Russell) have had on the Type 45, I will not be buying a naval airfix kit ever again. Which is a pity because I adore Illustrious and her sisters.

1 Like