Look What the Tide Washed Up! (Model Shipwrights)

you prolly already know this, but flyhawk makes an Illustrious…

Sadly only in 1/700 that I can see and I do not work in that scale :frowning:

Border 1/35 Sub. Adding the Scale 75 bridge crew. Planning to build U-552 from the box as it visited my coast with two sunken ships in April of 1942.

4 Likes

This is hip!

Coupple of new subs for the stash.

5 Likes

Nice haul. Subs are fun—they’re so quick to assemble.

The UXXI for sure will, ive build the AFV Gato in two days. But the Nautilus is basically a short run, so we will see. I also want to go checkout the real deal in Bremerhaven before i start to cut the plastic.

1 Like

A couple of Items picked up at the LHS.

The MicroMit HMS Conquerer

And the eduard etch for the 1/350th Trumpeter HMS Colombo.

And a delivery from Black Cat’s UK distributor, Staling models.

Twin 4", also for HMS Colombo.

Depth charge throwers and reloads for my next early war destroyer,

And some RN inclined ladders, to see if how the match up to etched items.

Cheers, Si

6 Likes

Had this one arrive today to add to the stash.

6 Likes

Nice!..How are details on this kit
Cheers,

Hi Joe, sorry for the delay in responding to your question. The detailing is pretty basic. But it should make up into a nice representation.

Here are some pictures for you.

Thanks,
Randy :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hi Randy, Thanks for the pics…looks not bad actually…another one to add to my submarine collection!
Thanks again and have a great day!

1 Like

You’re welcome. I wasn’t even searching for the kit, but it showed up as a suggested item when I was shopping on Amazon. So of course I had to buy it. My only complaint is that it was shipped with the box folded down and in a plastic mailer type of bag. I didn’t notice it until I took the pictures this morning that one of the hull pieces is cracked due to the way it was shipped. I’m not going to return it as it should be an easy fix.

Thank you,
Randy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was in that situation with a kit I purchased from
an Ebay vendor of a different sub.
Looks like it is a common practice to offer a cheaper postage.
I emailed the vendor, included a photo and he
send me a new hull half.
My hull was badly damaged.
Cheers,

1 Like

My SMS Emden has arrived from Yanworld much much earlier then the projected May 18 date. It was well packaged and damage free. It can be built as waterline or full hull. There are three photo etch sheets and three D printed stacks and bridge amd injection molded sprues for the bulk of the parts. there are also brass barrels and masts (?) tho a quick look at the instructions don’t seem to show how to apply them. Two color schemes are shown one for pre war peace time and one with war time greys.

9 Likes

I hear these new 1/700 Flyhawk kits are really detailed and fit nicely, hope the price didn’t require a second mortgage on the house. Mark

They are very detailed, sometines excessivly so in my opinion. The kit was $52 US including shipping and sales tax collected by Ebay. That price is not out of line with current kit prices

I have wanted this kit since I first heard rumors that they might make it.

And now …

I think I’m just afraid!

Bought this book a coupple days back. Its agreat introduction into the confusing toppic of german ww1 DDs. But only if You can read german.

6 Likes

can you post a link for this book please