Lost to the Deep

I hate when that happens!

1 Like

Thanks, John. Defitely not fun, but think I can salvage it. This is how it looks now after careful sanding with 400 and 800 grid sandpaper. Another base coat will show the damage.

5 Likes

A bit more progress - it is taking shape now and beginning to look like a Wurger :slightly_smiling_face:

Despite the new 3D cockpit decals from various manufacturer the colored PE is not bad.

4 Likes

Main subassemblies done :slightly_smiling_face:

More to follow….

4 Likes

Basic camouflage is on. Next a lot of details to be painted.

More to follow :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

The USS Scorpion is all together and about ready for a coat of primer to check seams etc. before the color starts going on.

4 Likes

Decals are on - trying not to panic over decal setting solution wrinkling up the decals :wink::sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I tell myself not to panic. After the decals finally settle in… well, that’s when I can settle in. :beer::sweat_smile:

—mike

2 Likes

A little more progress - details painted and Light weathering applied.

More to follow :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Excellent!

1 Like

Here is my finished entry for the campaign. The eduard 1/48 FW-190 that crashed in the sea after engine failure outside Herdla in Norway. It was later raised and is now in the local museum in Norway.

Article on the raising of the FW-190

3 Likes

My apologies to all regarding this campaign - I have not been as involved as I should as the campaign organizer.

Thank you to all who participated. I will ensure that I get your awards to you within the next couple of days.

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

Given that I didn’t get my carrier across the line in time, learning new experiences in PE. Does shipwrights have something akin to the Hangar Queen on Aeroscale? Like the Drydock? So that one can finish and show off what they’ve done?

John, I do not think they have, but it would make sense. I also have a few old candidates :slight_smile:

I think a dry dock campaign for those unfinished kits is a great idea!

David

Modelshipwrights doesnt have one specifically but I know there is a general one currently going that may be suitable.

Unfinished Business 2023

2 Likes

As Rory states, the Unfinished Business group build is open to all genre. I would love for you to join us.

1 Like

Did anyone ever award the medals to the finishers?
Looking in this tread it does not seem so.

@RollTide, I guess that would be up to you :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m so sorry - I will work to get that done today.

My apologies

David

1 Like