Unfinished Business 2023

Group Build Title: Unfinished Business 2023

Group Build Leader(s): @petbat

Like opinions, everyone has one. Yes, I’m talking about a part built model. We all have a ‘Shelf of Shame’ of sorts. Those unfinished models that we WILL get to…one day. Well here is the place to go to for some moral support to get that build over the line.

Join up and get that model out of:

• The Motor Pool of Misery
  • The Drydock of Despair
  • The Space Dock of Doom
  • The Hanger of Humiliation
  • The Garage of Grief
    etc

This build is open to any genre, any scale, any medium. The only criteria are:

1. Ideally, the kit should have been sitting idle for more than 12 months but as long as it is a stalled build, you are in.
  2. The model must not be completed and weathered unless it is being added to a diorama that you will now commence/complete as part of this build or it is a part of a two piece combo where one piece is not yet started or incomplete. (e.g. A completed M3 HST towing a field piece is acceptable as long as the field piece is being built here, or visa versa)
  3. A start pic must be posted, showing the incomplete model and some form of date verification (a pic of the model in front of this thread is fine!)
  4. No new start up to finish projects - this build is to give love to a part built project not a gem that has been in the stash for decades.
  5. Have fun - this aspect is not negotiable.

NOTE: The Flyboys already have an annual ‘Hanger Queen’ build and I do not want to take away from that. That should be your first stop for an unfinished aircraft build. However, if you have a second shelf queen aircraft that you want to enter here… you are welcome!

Completion Award:
Underconst02
Something shiny to tempt you with…

In order for people to receive a badge on their forum profile the build must be completed by 31/12/2023. The build must be solely dedicated to this build (no cross Group Build Projects)

So who is up for this?

4 Likes

I have so many A/C in The Hanger of Humiliation, finding a second candidate wouldn’t be too hard. The 12 month idle requirement might make getting a candidate from some other genre a bit sketchy. My first candidate is from 8 Wheelers which is currently near it’s end date. Maybe some ships from the last century (20th that is) could be dredged up from the sunken drydock.

1 Like

Yes, I get you on the idle dates. That is why I said “should”, not Must. I will elaborate on that. Thanks for the feedback Mark.

1 Like

Well, I guess it’s a good thing I haven’t yet restarted my L4500 truck other than to get the dust and cobwebs off. It has been sitting for 5 years so definitely a contender although it is about 50% done at least. There is a figure involved which is only primered.

2 Likes

Sounds like a perfect fit for here!

1 Like

Stalled for 12 months? You gotta be kidding! I don’t consider a buid to be stalled until at least two winters have passed… :grin:

I have several candidates that need finished, so am in!

5 Likes

You know, if you time it just right you could be twelve months and still get two winters.

Assuming you’re the kind of nutjob who would even contemplate doing that.

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

My Tauro A7v is at least 15 years on the bench. Adding all those rivets burned me out!

3 Likes

Good excuse to finish the Tamiya 1/48 Abrams. Assembled, painted, and decals in 2019. Clear coat last fall. Otherwise untouched.

2 Likes

My oldest untouched, as far as I recall, is a Tamiya M106A1 that I started to super detail when my first born was keeping me up at night… circa 1988…

4 Likes

Last time we had an unfinished business campaign I finished 2 Matildas. now I only have 20 candidates to choose from. probably a Char B1 bis or the T-90 from Meng. I’m currently working on Mengs T-72B3M and it will be interesting to see how much they have improved in 8 years.

3 Likes

Here!
Plenty to choose from, Maybe I should get some halftracks done, like a sdkfz 250/5 or an M3A1.
Or maybe a Tiger?

2 Likes

Oh, wait wait. Looks like I have a Ford GPA that I started sometime before 2008 and a M41 Walker Bulldog that has probably been sitting idle since 2005. I even have a ship from 1999 and another one from 2006. Now if I can figure out where to shoehorn one in with the 15 other builds I have planned for the year. :roll_eyes: :wave:

3 Likes

Nice. I’ll do my SE5 that I thought I’d do in the hangar queen last year. Will post a picture later this evening. (Allows me to complete my Phantom for the Hangar Queen and the SE5 here, w00t!)

3 Likes

@SSGToms Matt, it looks like enough people have joined to make this one a goer. I expect more will join over time.

Can you please move this out of staging for us? Thanks.

2 Likes

Are these pics ok? This is what I’ve got done, and I have an engine done somewhere also. Those two engines are for the Camels I’m doing for the great war campaign. This is an Eduard 1/48 SE5a.

5 Likes

Good enough for me. Welcome aboard Phil

1 Like

My start up pic. Meng Renault FT. This one was started in early 2016. It was intended to be done for my club’s display that year - “100th anniversary of the tank”. Life got in the way.

Still trying to decide if I want to paint the interior or not.

4 Likes

After 7 years, kinda seems like you don’t really want too. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes