LZ Models (35201) 1/35 German Water Crane… and then some

I’m liking the action in this :hammer_and_pick:

1 Like

I noticed you found the result of my tinkering :wink:
Well, I think you are more off track! :stuck_out_tongue:
Will there be an edge of a crater visible?

2 Likes

That’s a possibility I’m considering. :carpentry_saw:

—mike

Hi guys, The other day, I scratched-up a wooden platform for the Water Crane. However, while sleeping on it, I decided that bolting a towering hunk of steel to wooden planks wasn’t very realistic. :thinking::thought_balloon: So I scratched that idea in favor of a concrete slab.

I hacked-up a piece of 3mm x 27 x 60mm Basswood. Then, it was sanded and sealed with diluted Elmers Wood Glue. After drying, I troweled and textured the piece with Mr. Surfacer 1000 using the flattened end of a tooth pick.

In addition, I bent the left-hand corner rail slightly upward (hard to see here). And another twist I’ve been toying with… twisted rail scraps. More yard junk and demolition remnants to follow. :hammer_and_wrench:

Cheers!
—mike

5 Likes

Good idea switching to a concrete slab. Yeah, demolition looks like fun!

1 Like

That is quite the switch. Interested to see where you take this.

1 Like

Rail scraps – I think this was Evergreen 274 I-Beam, the twisting’s entirely up to you…I won’t bother going to YouTube you know the same toons :man_dancing: :tumbler_glass:

4 Likes

Thank’s guys!

“Stayin’ alive, stayin’ alive… ah, ah, ah, ah…” :notes::notes::notes: :notes: :man_dancing:
or…
“Tracks of My Tears” :notes::notes: :notes::notes::notes::notes:

I’ve still got some leftover rails from the MiniArt kit, but good to know anyway. :railway_track: Awaiting product delivery as well. :stopwatch:……

Cheers!:beer:
—mike

@ Tim, I dub thee, Sir Knight of the Round Crater. :dagger: :prince:

2 Likes

Nice sealant technique. No fumes for sure. Fumes make my brain tickle :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Hi guys, Here’s today’s small installment… Troop assembly happened today.

Alpine Miniatures
• ‘WWII US Infantry’ Set (35171), 2 of 2 figures.
• ‘WWII US Infantry’ Set (35186), 1 of 2 figures.

Stalingrad Miniatures
• ‘Young German POW’ (3528).

So here you go — a very rough layout of what’s to come.

“What’s That Little Runt Up To Now?”

I’m really pleased with the sculpting and very nice parts fit of these Alpine Miniatures!

I’ll be updating with better quality images as Things progress. That’s it for now.

Thank’s for having a look.

—mike

5 Likes

Great figs, they look absolutely ideal. I can’t help visualising a 2nd runt sneakily turning the wheel behind the soldiers’ backs while the 1st one walks more towards them diverting their attention… :shower: but comedy probably isn’t your priority right now :smirk: :tumbler_glass:

3 Likes

Thank’s Tim! The “2nd Runt” idea sounds brilliant and would certainly enhance the comic relief that I’m after. Only problem… locating das Sekunde Runt. Since Stalingrad’s POW kid, with exception to the head is one chunk of resin, Franken-figuring would be out of the question. And currently, I’m unable to find a suitable stand-in for that role.

BULLETIN: If anyone happens upon Friedrich, Günter’s brother, roaming around somewhere in the Railway POW Camp, please notify the authorities so the two can be reunited. :grin::laughing:

—mike

1 Like

I like where this going. Told ya Apline figures are nice.

1 Like

How about this kid…he’d need to be standing on something though…

yowza not cheap but you get a free pooch with every one.

Yikes! $$$ Then add shipping for the little tyke and additional airfare for his pooch who won’t be able to fly in the passenger cabin ‘cause he’s not wearing a special needs collar! :money_with_wings: :airplane: In addition, the little tyke is a bit too farm-boyish and would need outstretched arms in order to grasp the wheel, he also needs boots and a better hat. The one-piece resin figure would require expert franken-sculpting skills which I have none of. However, the yapping pup is kinda’ cute and could’ve served as an additional distraction. :dog:

Anyway, thank’s for your input Tim!

Another option.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/255156039033?epid=2220286862&hash=item3b687c2d79:g:JjMAAOSwm7RZpUgj

Thank’s Ryan, However, again way too “farm-boyish.”

—mike

1 Like

Not saying you have order from here but this set?

There is also this set to look for.

Too active ‘Hitler-Jugend.’ Instead of having a little harmless fun, they look like they’re the ones responsible for blowing-up the tracks prior to war’s end. Lol! :boom:

However, you guys got me to thinking.:thinking:… I may have this guy in my leftover stash.

MB Civilians, Western Region

Stay tuned…

4 Likes