…and after.

“Schau Günter! Ich drehe das Rad!”

Figure Modifications:
• Repositioned legs
• Angled torso
• Repositioned arms
• Drilled-out hand openings
• Removed points from cap

Think I’ll extend the pant legs in order to better match his brother’s trousers. I’m considering extending the shirt/jacket by a couple of millimeters as well. … Just waiting for glue to cure so I can begin adding putty and cleaning things up a bit.

What do you guys think?

—mike

4 Likes

Yeah​:100:, that’s going to work. :+1:

1 Like

Great, perfect looking at his bro - alternative might be standing on the plinth (for better leverage?) looking across to intended victims, tough choice they’re your kids! :baby_symbol: :baby_symbol: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Haha, Nice! is what I think. And what Martin said…

1 Like

Thank’s for the great feedback, gents!
Tim, That makes perfect sense. I’ll get cracking on that alternative leverage “plghrufif” thingy tomorrow. You guys do have a way of cleaning the webs out of the rusty old gears. :spider_web::gear: :laughing:

Too bad I couldn’t include Poochy, he was kinda’ cute! But then again, I’ve got enough yappin’ dawgs in my hood! ….:bone::dog:

—mike

I guess it would be asking too much to include pooch cocking his leg up nearby, like an analog of what’s about to go down? Not to over-analyse the comic into oblivion but I now see I missed your twist that the wheel-turner doesn’t realise the consequences of what he’s doing, he’s just showing off to his older bro. I reckon that’s the best idea, keep him looking over at his bro rather than at the soldiers :eyes: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

First of all: nicely excuted… You might want to give the funnel at the end a brighter color (off white?)
I am sure the prank will come to nothing, as (whith this type of crane) the handle need to be pulled, before the water will flow :smiley: Not to mention the squeeking of the wheel :rofl:

2 Likes

But wait, there’s more… I’m saving one twist for later. We’ll see if it comes across in… wait for it… “SubtleVision.” :clapper:

1 Like

Hi Erwin, Thank’s for stopping off at the railway siding!
I agree, the funnel could use a little color adjustment — got a ways to go yet. Note: All unauthorized operations der Eisenbahnausrüstung are merely implied. … So you hear that squeeeeeaking wheel too? I thought it was just me! :gear:

—mike

Yup, that will be a big givaway… one blown prank… :smiley:

1 Like

As you can see, Friederich had already been playing in putty last night. So this morning after lurker commentaries and my second cup of coffee, the frustration of bending and snapping styrene beyond its natural limits commenced.:hocho::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

• Repositioned left foot onto the “plghrufifppph” thingy.
• Repositioned arms part deux.
• Twisted torso part deux.
• Turned-down right foot.
• Opened and positioned left hand to grasp wheel.
• Opened and positioned right hand to grasp wheel… only after launch and lucky recovery!

:sweat_smile: Ta-da! Friederich has a gangsta’ lean!

Disclaimer: No actual children were harmed during this procedure… but it wasn’t pretty! :grimacing:

Comments?

7 Likes

Are you putting the sling-shot in his left back pocket or right?

Nice work. Yeah, scale plastic children are free game under the razor saw :grin:

2 Likes

Nice work so he’s just looking at his bro, excellent! OMG…SubtleVision??! Doesn’t compute…Overload…Overload… :fire:…Daisy….Daisy….give me your answer do…. :tumbler_glass: (PS so you’re goin’ pooch-less?)

No, you’re not getting one for Christmas cause’ you’ll shoot someone’s eye out… Great idea though. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Diorama Police Bulletin: 10/06/2021: Heightened alert: New criminal activity has been occurring. Example: Possession of a “slingshot in either left and/or right back pocket” (see above) will be regarded as participating in the crime of SubtleVision. AKA: Obscure details added to a diorama and/or vignette with deliberate intent to throw unsuspecting viewers off their stance. Said detail(s) would go unnoticed was it not for the closest scrutiny of our fine Inspector Force. :mag::man_detective: …or would they?:thinking::zipper_mouth_face:

As far as Poochy… “That is not my dog.” :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

You almost can see the mischievous twinkle in his eyes!

2 Likes

Diorama Police recruit new Chef Inspecteur…

:tumbler_glass:

4 Likes

1/35 Yajaira has a sling shot :grin:

2 Likes

Not happenin’…

—————————————————————————————————————-——————-——

Friederich is still playing around, he’s waist-deep in putty right now. … In the meantime, I started painting and weathering the track assembly.

Paint Callouts:

Rails and Plates
• Vallejo German Red Brown Primer (73.605)… base color.
• Vallejo Light Rust (70.301)
• Vallejo Glaze Medium (73.596)

Sleepers
• Vallejo Base Grey (71.097)… base color
• Vallejo Old Wood (70.310)… dry-brush
• Vallejo Black (71.057)… dry-brush
• Vallejo Glaze Medium (73.596) for opacity reduction

More haberdashery and ironwork to follow…

Cheers!:beer:
—mike

4 Likes