M1 Abrams Reforger 83

I Enlisted in 1977…No GI Bill for education, limited benefits and GI Bill home/business loans only. I left in 1985 after 8 years as an E-6, my final 3 years were in W.Germany. I love all of my years in I had a great time.

2 Likes

Ok, maybe I found the type of snow suitable for the scene, the photo shows a landscape with relatively wet and heavy snow, the snow that I think is on the hull front, so, it should look like a light layer of snow that has melted and refrozen overnight and the Ak Snow Sprinkles would seem to be the most suitable

1 Like

Ok, question about the camo net for the experts here, it is possible to see its positioned in this way on the rear turret roof?

4 Likes

Sure, but it needs straps.

but where should the straps be placed?

You need only one strap going from each rail on the sides across the net to secure it in place.

1 Like

but does this strap have to wrap the net or just pass over it?

I’d say just pass over it to keep it in place. Nets of that size are pretty heavy when all rolled up.

1 Like

ok, perfect. Thanks a lot

ok while i’m waiting for a second type of snow to try and put on the tank front hull, i finished the crew gear on the turret, now they are just leaning, i stretched the camouflage net with some epoxy putty, dropping it on the back of the turret to give it a little more natural look and add road wheels and tracks, if the crew gear are correct I glue it and add the straps to keep it in place, I was wondering if the canister could be sand yellow, or just black, we are talking about 1983, so I ask to you experts.
I took the photos in the natural light of a cloudy day

6 Likes

Are you talking about an artillery round canisters usually seen on tanks for equipment storing externally? Go with black or OD for that era. The fiberboard canisters were black, and plastic ones were OD. Tan stuff was rarely seen in the 80’s except for in units tasked with RDF/Mid East missions, or at places like Ft Irwin.

Are you referring to the water can?
Ken

Oh sorry, yeah i’m referring at the water can, i wanted to add the round artillery canister but in the various pictures seeing till now most of them are under the smocke grande discharger and in the kit they don’t fit in that space, if also in the picture of the real one this artillery canister are not present

OK, the water cans were usually molded in black, and some were a pinkish tan color. Some units/crews did paint theirs, green, tan, etc. The paint does not stick very well to the plastic, wearing away a lot, so it shows a lot of the original color.
Ken

1 Like

Well, so mine it’s ok since its was already painted in tan, watching forward for some figs i’m looking at the Valkyrie ones, could the vest of these figs suitable for the winter season?

Those figures would work just fine!
Ken

1 Like

Hi all, could you kindly tell me something about this parka? …any other images?

Wet weather top, a rubberized/ plastic I think. It came with pants as well. Sometimes had a really bad cheese smell to it. This was well before Gortex was issued.

1 Like

I forgot about that smell…

1 Like

there are any other image of this vest? could be ok for the1983?