M1 Abrams Reforger 83

…i was referring at the post of Gino, ops I didn’t know I had to use those straps anyway even without having something to put in them

Those straps could be removed, but mostly they were just left in place if not being used.
Ken

1 Like

damn :roll_eyes:, that was a job to do before painting the kit, I’ll try to invent something :thinking:

As long as the cargo straps have a NSN number, an enterprising unit PLL clerk could order them for his platoon/company. If the unit had the budget money. Or they could be acquired by other means from units who may not be paying complete attention to their gear all the time… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

mmmm I could compose the straps and place them on the top of the turret, I would get their presence without having to risk damaging the turret trying to glue them on its

So what exactly are you saying? Just because I still have one? I forgot to turn it back in, thats all!
Ken

If it wasn’t issued, they usually didn’t ask for it back. :thinking: Looks like the same strap as on the back of a Deuce and a Half.

I still have a lot of things that they didn’t ask for it back. Of course now it is all so old and outdated they don’t need it or want it.
Ken

1 Like

You and me both… :shushing_face:

ok, the snow is on the tank, it’s still possible to fix something but for now that’s it.and watching the original photo it does not seem there are other patches of snow on the tank

3 Likes

That actually makes a lot of sense. That forward portion of the hull is where the composite armor is, and would be close to the outside temperature - cold. The rest of the upper surfaces would be heated up by the crew heater, keeping it free of accumulated snow.
Ken

1 Like

Ken I was just going to say the same thing.

sure saved me. Thanks for the info!
Cheers!
L

Hi all, ok, i have added the driver the…driver hatch opening system (i don’t know if the terms are right, sorry), and sorry for the flash used.

6 Likes

Drivers hatch and drivers interior.

2 Likes

Hi all, a pair of question for the expert of that period, are the ammo can holders usually empty during the exercises?
And was the use of a flashing light expected on the tank?
Many pictures show the orange flashing lamp in the turret rear, but obviously in my reference pics is not visible.

The 40mm ammo cans are usually for stowage. The flashing orange light is for use in Europe/Germany and if not mistaken is required by law. I’m sure others can confirm or correct me if I am wrong.

1 Like

We used the 40mm for go to war MOPP suits and they were sealed up.
Yes the “Whoope” light was required when on roads.

1 Like

but the whoope light was left mounted even if the operations were off road right?

But where was the flashing orange light connected to the turret/hull? Are there any photos?