M1A2 SEP v3 Abrams - Pictures out there?

I used someone’s olive drab out of the bottle and Tamiya NATO green on mine, super hard to see the contrast in pics, in person it’s obvious. That upper pic in manipulated to see the contrast

9 Likes

Nice work, James. I can see the OD on the side skirts and under the barrel; I would’ve gone with Tamiya Olive Drab (JSDF) (XF-74)

Thanks! It’s a bit browner in person, hard to get accurate pics of it.

1 Like

I think that the camera is having a hard time picking up the brown in your brownish green.
I see you two toned the barrel. Artistic license or from photo’s?

Actual photos :+1:

4 Likes

Ak makes Helo drab

very cool build

Having seen them in person more than once I’d say at times Testors Field Drab works.

2 Likes

I wonder…why the anti FLIR paint would be on the underside of the gun tube?

Nice work on this one - which kit did you use?

1 Like

Another video of the M1A2SEPv3 with new two-tone paint scheme.

1st Armored Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, receives the modernized M1A2 SEPv3 Abrams tank at Fort Stewart, Georgia, Jan. 5, 2023. The M1A2 SEPv3 Abrams tank is the most reliable Abrams tank ever produced, minimizes the Army’s logistical footprint, and leads the Army in enterprise-level connectivity to maintenance and supply systems. (U.S. Army photo by Staff Sgt. Rakeem Carter)

3 Likes

I have uploaded some V3 photos to my Abrams scale model FB group: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.1508266209734551&type=3 Not sure if you’ve seen all these or these help.

2 Likes

So is the Green (NATO Green ?) and what appears to be some sort of OD is that the New paint scheme for the M1A2 SEP V.3 ?

Apparently that is how they are now coming from the factory. As the pic shows below though, it looks as though they are being repainted overall sand at some units.

"The heavy armor from the 3rd ABCT of the 1st Cavalry Division arrived in Antwerp in Belgium on 21st July, when the unit began its European deployment. Some of that equipment has been, meanwhile, sent to Poland as well.

And some appear to be in NATO camo as well.

1 Like

when is the Army going to get over painting everything new in sand?

at least we have plenty of painting options

That is not why they are painted sand or NATO camo. It is based on where the unit is aligned with in the world for possible deployment. Equipment in units aligned to the Middle East and N. Africa get painted sand. Equipment in units aligned with Europe and E. Asia get NATO camo, or now the new two-tone green(?).

1 Like

so the 3rd ID is using them in the Green and OD ?

As far as i know, Yes.

1 Like

I think im leaning torwards that scheme 3rd ID marking will be easy to get
Now a question regarding the the Taiwanese M1A2T is it a SEP V.2 or is it a SEP V.3? and are there noticeable mods on the M1A2T