M2/M3 Bradley Reference

This is R12 from the Bradley Infantry unit attached to Task Force 1-64 during the first Thunder Run. It is on display with other models of the vehicles used that day at the 3rd ID Museum at Ft. Stewart, GA.

A 2nd ID M3A3 Bradley from Korea.

“THE BEST JOB I EVER HAD!”

4 Likes

Great images here and whole thread keeps getting better.

1 Like

Pete, you were so good looking back then. What happened to you? By the way folks, Pete was the second best armor modeler Texas ever produced. And his outstanding finishes were all achieved without an airbrush.

Damn man Epi that R-12 is the best Bradley model I’ve ever seen! And I’ve seen hundreds! Just outstanding in every respect. The build, the finish, the detailing, the weathering, the stowage - just incredible. If that model came to Armorcon I’d put it in for Best In Show. Well done brother. :+1: :beer:

1 Like

Sorry Gino no offence for the above post!

No need to apologize to me. Pete does great work.

AWE, you make me blush Robert!!! :relaxed:

I provided all this pictures of the M2A0+ Bradley I got to use for testing while I was a technician with the texas Army National Guard to Primeportal.

1 Like

Testing equipment used to test the ISU(Integrated Sight Unit), MGS(Missile Guidance Set), and the launcher.

Here’s are a couple pics of my Meng M2A3 built OOB:

2 Likes

Information on the missile:

1 Like

When building the Tamiya Bradley’s, a lot of modelers miss this on the gun mantlet. It is the port where the 25mm shells are ejected out from:

And the latch that unlocks and locks the barrel in:

The Meng Bradley’s have the ejector port, but not the latch.

2 Likes

My take on a Bradley AMPV:

5 Likes

I really like your AMPV, Pete. I may have to do one as well.

Have anyone seen any interior pics of any AMPVs? I would like to add an interior if/when I do one. Probably just the standard APC version.

More on the way…

3 Likes

Very nice, Pete. I really like how you fully opened up the engine compartment.

2 Likes

This is a really great topic to follow. Thank you all for sharing such first hand information.

Olivier