M52 tractor and fuel trailer

Looking good so far.

1 Like

Keep at it, any progress is good progress!

1 Like

Will do. Working on a snap-together kit is interesting. Eg. test-fitting parts is tricky as in some cases, once fitted they’re permanent!

Really nice job on that truck Denimo!

1 Like

Thanks for that. Just as I finish the conversion HobbyLink bring out an M52 conversion set.

The build went well tho, apart from a few mistakes. I think it will look OK once I get a trailer on it. That said, I like the bobtail look of the tractor and intend to build a few more. M123, M818, M916 etc.

Yesterday I pre-ordered the newer M123E1 tractor by Hobby Link, through Wanamaker. After the TW M123A1C from 20 years ago, it will be interesting what the full-3D printed kit will come out as. Hope it’s good as it’s a bit pricy!

Hi Jim, I’d be interested to hear how the two compare. What trailer are you going with?
The little I’ve heard suggests HL quality is good and WM sent out my Christmas and Birthday pressies from Wifey yesterday!
There is a rumour, and it’s only a rumour, that an M125 will follow the tractor.

No trailer planned at the moment. After the M911 and M1050 models, I’m looking forward to just the tractor!

Talking about trailers, I want to build an M871 to go with the RM M939 tractor conversion one day. Hate the donor Trumpeter M872 wheels, but am so impressed with these PA Royal treads that I’ve ordered a second set for that project.

Sounds like a good idea.

Hoping to get some help with the camo on this tanker. I’d originally thought of faded green Tamiya XF89, but I’m thinking this would be nice too.

Looks like it could be Summer Verdant MERDC.

MERDC Camouflage (xs4all.nl)

Thanks Gino.

Still working on the seam line on the M1062. Used Mr Surfacer and it sets up like concrete.

The trailer wheels worked out OK though.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

3 Likes

Looks like it is coming along well. The wheels do look good. I really like them.

1 Like

Thanks Gino, I think I’m finally getting the tank joint seam sorted out. On with this on Tuesday when ill be dealing with the pipework. Drinking straws will work for the hose containers, although following your scratching of the end pieces/brackets will be a challenge. Waiting on some more hazmat triangles and will scratch plates for these.

That info you sent on MERDC Camo was helpful, know of any side-views of M1062 in the finish you mentioned?

Between the M52 (pre HL) and all the structural mods to the snap trailer, this will be my most complex build yet!

(And I built the MENG M911 C- HET and M747 trailer, so…….)

Actually, I have not seen any M1062s in MERDC, which makes sense. The M1062s were first fielded in the late 1980s, when MERDC had been phased out in favor of 3-tone NATO camo. So, unfortunately, I think your only options are NATO camo, sand, or forest green.

I quite like the green I’ve used on the base coat. Tamiya XF89 Dark Green 2. If this equates to Forest Green I’m happy with that as

a) Its a nice contrast to the tractor and

b) I’ve got a few sand coloured vehicles already….

Thanks for the advice.

ETA I’ve checked online and it seems there’s a range of Forest Greens. That Tamiya seems to fit in the mid to lighter range of shades.

My HL M123 thinks its an A1. Are there 2 versions by HL?

There ia an M125 tractor also in the works, looks similar yet different