Made in France - multi-genre

I can get a some photos for you if you want to see them. I’ve got the early and mid-late war sets.
Been a while since I’ve opened up the boxes, but they are very nicely moulded and have lots of extras on the equipment sprues.
I did one of the ANZAC figures from their range a while ago, and he went together without any trouble.
In fact, you can’t go wrong with any of ICM’s WW1 sets. Very nice figures and lots of interesting kit. Want a Villar-Perosa machine gun? No problem, it’s in their Italian set!

I’m thinking one of the 1/35 Heller tanks in my stash, either the Hotchkis or the Renault

1 Like

There are so many interesting subjects. I kicked this off because I have in mind a Mirage F1 in Iraqi service - special hobby makes the kit - but I’ve also been wanting to do a Nieuport 17. Those old French pre-dreadnoughts are quite interesting as well.

I am not an auto modeller, but one of you guys needs to do a Bugatti…

1 Like

OK where is the going button

Yeah, I think I did something wrong on that step, but now I think it’s fixed…

I have a variety of aircraft I could build so I’ll pick one

Well I’ve got a SPAD in hand and Newport and another SPAD on the way.

I have a mirage 2000 in the stash begging to be build - I am in!

I was thinking I would do an Iraqi Mirage in 1/72 but I just discovered that there is a Super Etendard available in 1/48th. That might be interesting.

2 Likes

Yeah - or a super etendard in Argentinian camo and markings. That would also be cool!

I have Tamiya’s French Armored Carrier UE 2 that looking at the internet there are some interesting variations that could be modelled.

1 Like

Yes the Germans did a lot of things to this little machine. I have built one depicting where the Pak 36 was lashed down on the front.

I have a second one in the stash I plan to do as Bulgarian:

3 Likes

Well, this campaign is getting closer. I am thinking of doing a french jet. I want to try to make a jet shown as flying by utilising the base with a rod holding the jet through the jet exhaust. never tried that before. thinking a mirage 2000 or etandard.

2 Likes

Some years ago I was at Duxford the day before a big air show, and a Dutch F16 came in to practice his routine. He stood it up on its tail, maybe 10ft off the ground, and danced it the length of the airstrip on full afterburn! That would make a superb “flying” model, with a rod up the exhaust…

3 Likes
2 Likes

Thanks for the link, Peter!

I think the only trick is to find the rod. But sure greenstuff world or AK interactive will have that.

1 Like

I am interested, might be this one:
amx 13

2 Likes

Another oldie. The man likes a challenge… If I recall, the tracks are slightly too big. Will be nice to see it taken out for a spin though.

Thanks for the warning about the tracks! It will be part of my new diorama that I will be making in 2022…

1 Like

Interesting choice. I occasionally see if these come up on evilbay so interested to see how it builds.

Was it a production version of the AMX13 or an Israeli modification to give it more firepower?