Made in France - multi-genre

Production version. AMX 13/75 T75

3 Likes

Thanks, and nice pictures! Judging by that guy in the first picture you were never sure where those rockets woulf fly toā€¦

And @phantom_phanatic: I dont do a whole lot of research on my modelsā€¦ if you really want to know more about AMX13 you are better off asking the expert @Bison126
He had a great topic about building some: AMX 13 challenge

1 Like

Very interesting pictures of the AMX-13. Funny hybrid tank - it will be interesting to see the model build.

The AMX13 SS11 was a French version. IDF never fielded this variant. By the way the Israeli AMX13 never had the double front headlights and most of them had the sloped bins.

The 5e RIAOM which stationed in Djibouti were the last unit to field the AMX13 SS11in the French army. So it could apply for this campaign. If I remember correctly Heller do not provide decals for the French army.

Olivier

1 Like

So that Heller box-art is indeed a fantasy?
Glad I used that SS11 set out and used it on something else.

Interesting. Thanks.
So is Hellerā€™s box art completely fictional?

Yes the box art is fictional. I guess Heller thought IDF was more attractive for the customers.

Olivier

2 Likes

Thanks for the insights, Olivier. It just shows to never trust the box art :wink:

1 Like

Right Jesper. However in some instances the box art is closer to the reality than the kit in the box.
For a better AMX13 SS11 the best choice is Takom even if it needs some extra detailing to get an accurate model.

I just realized this was another campaign starting from January. I didnā€™t notice it before. How could I have missed it?

Of course Iā€™m in and my entry will be Amusing Hobby ARL 44. This is quite different from what Iā€™m used to build.

Olivier

2 Likes

The Heller tracks are too stiff and donā€™t allow any sag effect. Youā€™d better use Takom ones or metal ones like Friul.

Olivier

1 Like

I will be doing this figure.

The other figure will be for a stalled Char build in the future.

1 Like

It has been years since I build anything. Will a sub qualify for this Campaign?? I have a Hobby Boss 1:350 Triumphant SSBN kit (Hobby Boss#83519). Figure could be relatively easy one to get back on the saddle so to speak. Cheers

2 Likes

Welcome aboard.

Not Phil but I donā€™t see why not.

1 Like

JMart, welcome to the forum :+1:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

I think the rules are for anything produced in France, so I think your sub would qualify. The final decision is by the campaign leader though.

Oui.

a;sdkjf;slkj

Yep. Anything produced in France whether it ends up in French service or not.

So many choices. Love the SSBN. It made me think of ships - lots of interesting French ships.

What kind of recommendations do people have for Mirage kits - mainly a high quality kit, nothing larger than 1/48 please.

PHIL, which typeā€¦:

https://www.hyperscale.com/2017/features/mirageiiio48kineticrh_1.htm

Here is my entry, Amusing Hobby ARL 44. This huge tank was developed just after WWII and is a kind of Frankenstein tank with B1 bis like running gear and a very large turret pretty similat to the Tiger 2 turret. It entered production and was in service with the French army for a couple of years only.
The kit looks pretty decent with fine details, clickable individual track links and good instructions. However the painting instructions are weird with one tank painted in a blueish shade and another in a desert like camo. To my knowledge none of them are close to anything real.
So Iā€™ll probably stick to some green shade.
Beforehand I need to complete my AMX10 RCR for the African campaign first.

Olivier

6 Likes

Cool subject !
Panhard VBL or Peugeot P4, I have to decide.

1 Like