MAZ537G Intermediate type with ChMZAP 5247G trailer

@165thspc. Here is the sbs I did a while back .

1 Like

Very Impressive!

As in WOW!

1 Like

Still debating how (or IF) to add welds to my trailer???

Sort of afraid to perhaps really mess it up but good! I think it took a lot of courage on your part to go after your model with a soldering iron!

I did allot of testing first and kept the temp to 225 deg.

Archer Fine Transfer has a set of weld raised decals that one can use if you didn’t already know about them. http://www.archertransfers.com/SurfaceDetailsArmor.html

HTH

It is finally starting to come together. Working out the small details and a few extra touches

7 Likes

Wow Chris a stunning amount of work all brilliantly executed. Outstanding scratchbuilding on the blower and spectacular detailing and paint on the MAZ and trailer. Love those weld lines.

Was looking at the Archer online catalog just last night for the weld beads. Somewhat difficult to determinethe relative finished scale size from the posted artwork.

@165thspc . I have some of those and don’t really care for them !
This is what they look like with a tooth pick for reference 16387323189203707223955779115641|250x500

Got the chains and binders in place . Just need some touch ups.

5 Likes

I get that. Print off the needed pages needed and it’s scaled to what you get 1:1.

Now that its close to the finish line , its time for a base.
I decided to do a facade base for a hardened aircraft bunker.

7 Likes

WOW! just WOW! Your work is truly art. Giving any vehicle that “lived in look” is tough enough but when it comes from former Warsaw Pact equipment it’s amazing since good reference material & photos are not all that easy to find. I can only imagine what you might do next. Whatever it may be it will be superb!

1 Like

@Poppa6 . Thank you much. Ive been taking a break lately and doing some 40 k stuff which is not as exciting.
Thank you again for the kind words.