Merkava MK IV (Meng)

Thanks,
The fight with the basket and the chain and bolls

next

5 Likes

You might find these useful:

3 Likes

Tank you

Great shots of the solenoids and cables Israel, they will come in very handy…

2 Likes

An evening work, putting 18 small pieces to one .50

scratch a extra chain

3 Likes

The cable runs off to a gap in the turret armour and from there I’m assuming through the armour to a conduit or distribution box on the inside. You can see it on the pics covered by a metal protective cover. I have seen pics however where it doesn’t have that cover.

Found a picture without the cover.

1 Like

A lot of parts but well worth the effort. It looks great. They are definitely going to get a stoppage on the .50 with that bent last round coming out the ammo box :grin:

1 Like

1 Like

Tanks, I gonna try to scratch this, the model is very detailed but this is missing.

If you need dimensions I can provide you with some measurements in 1/35 scale.

That is strange of Meng, they missed this detail in both their MkiV kits

That’s probably because it wasn’t a permanent feature when the Mk.4 came out. As a matter of fact, you can even see brand new Mk.4Ms without the metal cover.

1 Like

Indeed when the early Mk IV tanks came out the IDF was going through their "no .50 cal on the gun
" phase which just made me realise that the MEM vehicles are upgrades of early tanks and not newly built (or at least some of them).

Since Trophy has been integrated on Mk.4s, all tanks rolling off the production line are of the M variant. The tank in the photo belongs to my former outfit that has been re-equipped with brand new Mk.4Ms.

1 Like

And I’ll save those pics when I finally get around to my 4M build, thankee kindly.

Trying to scratch the missing part

adding the TkCdt gun

8 Likes

Reslly nice job,so much detail,I reslly enjoy Meng armor

1 Like

First session of paintwork, still a way to go

11 Likes

Nice build and a good start to the painting phase. … looking to be an excellent build.

1 Like

Looks good already

1 Like