MikeyBugs 3D Design and Printing Ideas

The packaging looks pretty nice to me.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’d like to try to improve it by using cut foam bag inserts to hold the fragile parts like the guns. Unfortunately I need a cri-cut machine for that which I don’t have nor have the room for. But unless the guns consistently break in transit I think the way it sits is fine for now.

1 Like

So I found that the tallest structure I can fit into my printer is a tad under 250mm tall when accounting for the 5mm of height that I raise my large models to accommodate supports. So if anyone wants a Mk 18 or M4 that is close to 1/3 scale… It would take a little over 3 days of continuous printing but it’s doable.

On the topic of large models, I’d like to try printing my 1/35 T49 kit again. If all goes well, and I can find someone to make an etch kit, I’d like to sell this as a kit if I get any orders. It won’t be for a while down the line. I need to clear more of my order book.

2 Likes

A set of 1/35 AN/VIC-5 TacG2 just finished printing.

3 Likes

do you print on a raft for the small items?
i’ve not used rafts and for the smaller things (rifles etc) they usually end up breaking as i take them off the build plate

The packing looks very good. I agree, many tend to forget about this, but I feel it is worth displaying your products in the best way possible.

Can you please remind me where can I find the catalogue of the items you are offering?

Mario

1 Like

I actually don’t use rafts at all. The base is just the bottom of the supports. The bottoms are cones so with enough, they overlap and form a solid base.

At the moment, my catalog is just an excel spreadsheet. I actually completely forgot that I had planned on making an actual catalog of products. If you’d like, I can upload an up-to-date version to Google drive and share it here.

1 Like

Yes please. A catalog with photos of the sets would be very welcomed.

Mario

2 Likes

Unfortunately the catalog is not yet done, I’m barely half way through, but I have the excel spreadsheet. Most of the products shown don’t have prices that I offer for them yet. I just haven’t supported and printed them yet. If you want something and don’t see a “My Price 25/50/100,” let me know and I’ll get it supported and get you a price. This is up-to-date as of 10/19.

1 Like

Here’s a render of the VIC-5 set and the Tricon II container that I have. Doors come separate from the container body.

3 Likes

That Tricon brings me back to the days of wasting away the day at the Motor Pool. vehicle maintenance, equipment inventories day in and day out.

2 Likes

Well in a little while, I’ll be making a test print to see how well I supported the model. I still have about 2 hours until the current print finishes and then a further 9 hours until the Tricon print would finish.

1 Like

I have great news! The Tricon printed successfully! I was worried it would fail when the roof started printing because of how much mass is involved combined with the weight of the resin and suction forces from the FEP but it worked! I have yet to see how well the doors printed but so far it’s looking good! If anyone wants to order one, it’s $16 including shipping. If anyone wants, I can break it down into kit form with separate side walls, roof, floor and doors. I can also separate the locking rods from the doors.

Also some vehicle marker lights as shown in a different thread.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, everything on the Tricon warped. It printed so well but completely failed after washing. I’m not sure if I left it in the cleaning water for too long or internal stresses but either way, it’s a failed print and I’ll be seeing if I can try to fix it.

1 Like

Mike! Got your items in the mail today. Most impressive! Thank you as these look even better than expected and appreciate the packaging. Very professional look

Thank you

2 Likes

I’m glad you like them! Use them well.

And a new quick project down. Some Mermite insulated containers.

5 Likes

How many times I served food in the field with those Mermite Containers? Too many times to count.

1 Like

Well they finished printing. Pretty decently too from the quick look I took before running off to work. I’ll provide a picture when I get home and get them all cleaned up.

2 Likes

CHOW CALL!

3 Likes

Those would be painted in dark OD and well-worn (with aluminum weathering). Sometimes they would be stenciled with words like “MESS SECT.” or “HHC MESS” in black or yellow.

3 Likes