MikeyBugs 3D Design and Printing Ideas

I just uploaded 27 more items to the webshop. All rifles. Now there’s all of the M16/M16A1/M16A2/M16A4 series that I have so far along with the M16/M203 combos, M4/M203s, and the rest of the Mk 18 Mod 0 and Mod 1. Also up now is the L2A1 Sterling and suppressed version of the CheyTac M200 Intervention.

M16A2

M16A4 MWS

M4/M203

Mk 18 Mod 1

M16A1

Suppressed CheyTac Intervention

A few days I also put up an XM177E1, XM177E2 and GAU-5A/A. I’m not sure if I mentioned I even made these.
GAU-5A/A

XM177E1

XM177E2

3 Likes

I like your stuff Mike!

(1/35 is fun, but still feel nothing beats a real 1:1 in 308)
Quarter hit twice 308 R700 rifle-a

3 Likes

Now that looks very nice! I guess that’s the one from Shapeways? I don’t think I’ve printed the PVS-27 version of the M110 yet.

But now to something a little different. I don’t know if anyone remembers but I made a design of a Stanytsia Luhanska stela like so.
images

Well I just printed most of the pieces for it and everything except one small row of letters printed very well. I’ll post a picture of the print after it’s been cleaned. I’m mentioning this because I plan on selling this and donating all proceeds over the cost to print to a charity that supports either the Ukrainian Armed Forces or a humanitarian effort in Ukraine. I’ll continue this until the hostilities cease and afterwards I’ll donate half of the proceeds over the print cost.

4 Likes

What scale, 1/35? I recall you doing this for justsendit.

1 Like

Yep, 1/35. I did do at his request but at the time I couldn’t get it to print well. I finally got it to print well.

3 Likes

I do seem to recall… :thinking:
I’ve sent you a PM.

—mike

1 Like

Well I hope everyone’s Christmas and holidays have been wonderful! I’ve been busy but unfortunately with work and some large orders, I’ve only been busy printing and haven’t been able to get any CAD done. I’m coming up on my Friday soon so I’ll be able to get back to a few projects shortly.

3 Likes

Small update for the LTAS cab. I started working on some interior details. Added the fireproofing panels and details to the turret ring plug. And the dash seems to be mostly finished. At least the instrument panel portion. From pictures I’ve seen, the remaining center console has some more details that I need to add. There are some small push-pins that appear to hold the fireproofing panels in place so those are next to be added. There are also panels on the sides of the cab so those also need to be added. After that I can start on the bear of this project: the doors.

3 Likes

Another update on the LTAS cab. More interior work done. Some fireproofing panels on the rear bulkhead, a singular door hinge bracket on the interior is also now done, just 3 more to do. It’s not shown but push-pins that hold the fireproofing panels in place are also now modeled along with interior window gaskets. And work has now begun on the door interior. This alone might take a day. I forgot to mention I added the rain gutters on the roof.

At the same time, I’ve been working on an AK-74 series. And I’ve been working on the folding stock variety of the AK-74M.

6 Likes

I want to wish everyone a happy and healthy new year! Happy 2023! To celebrate, for January 1 only, I’m offering half off all my products (except the Carl Gustav Swedish K because it’s a pain in the ass to print and cure). I also changed my shipping system around. Now it’s based on weight instead of USPS flat rate pricing. The cost of shipping has effectively been cut in half.

1 Like

The AK-74 is up and live! I’m printing a set right now.

2 Likes

Would you be interested in printing some canvas-covered DShKs? In the aftermarket, canvas-covered Browning .30s and .50s exist, but no DShKs.

1 Like

I’ll see what I can do. I can practice t-splines with it.

Thanks!

The AC unit for the LMTV LTAS has been started now too. I’m thinking I’ll package the knobs separately. Should make working and painting easier.

I also forgot to ask… Does anyone here like tiny Tavors?

4 Likes

https://war-book.ru/tyazhelyj-tank-is-4/ Scroll down and you’ll see a few canvas covered DShKs. A helpful FB friend found these for me.

Awesome! Thanks!

The LTAS Cab is looking great. Can’t wait to see it done and build a couple.

1 Like

Current state of the AC and dash as of last night. I did a little more work so far today but mostly bolt heads and small details. I might leave the guard off as a separate part.

2 Likes

For anyone who has placed an order recently, I’m sorry it’s taking so long. I’ve been trying to figure out a problem with my printer only printing the supports and everything else failing. I think I’ve narrowed down on the problem (and I meant to fix it yesterday but forgot about it and just ran the rest print without changing anything… Oops) so I just need to fix that and hopefully it’ll good to go.