MikeyBugs 3D Design and Printing Ideas

WOW. I got 3 orders all in the span of a day from my HobbyMarket shop. I’m glad I have a printer with a larger build plate. Hopefully these will be the last orders for a week. I have a paper to write and I don’t want to keep anyone waiting too long. If this pace keeps up, I might actually have to get a second printer.

3 Likes

Good to see you back on track. Which HobbyMarket shop are you referring to?

I set one up on hobbymarket.gr in October. You can see it here: https://hobbymarket.gr/en/seller/27-mikesmsproductions

I only have 27 products up so far but I’m adding more products often enough.

1 Like

Also, I’m not ignoring anyone here but I’m in the literal waning days of class, only 8 more days left, and I have 2 short papers to write in that time. So, for now, all orders placed on or after December 2 are on hold and I’m not working on any CAD whatsoever until my classes are over or I finish the papers. I’ve printed a few orders placed before that already so those are going out tomorrow.

2 Likes

Hi Mike. I got my order in Louisville today Dec 8 2022. Well packaged and all looks great! Many thanks for your good work!!

1/35 SINCGARS Radios
Reference: MSP35-025

1/35 SIG Sauer M17 MHS
Reference: MSP35-087

1/35 HK M27 IAR
Reference: MSP35-100

3 Likes

Thanks! I hope you enjoy them!

1 Like

Well whether or not I finish my last paper (and I will), tomorrow I’m back! I have a number of backlogged orders to go through so it’ll be a mad dash to get them completed in a relatively timely fashion. I’ve also added a few items to the webshop.
1/35 AN/VRC-12 Radios Set

1/35 AN/VIC-5(V) TacG2

1/35 CheyTac M200 Intervention

1/35 M256 120mm Gun for Meng’s Abrams

1/35 Miltope TSC-750M laptop

3 Likes

Minor item but . . .
I have need of the voltage regulator from the standard 1/4 ton US Jeep. (Looks like a rectangular loaf of bread mounted on the inside right fender, under the hood.)
Short of buying an entire jeep kit for this one part, I am super detailing the engine bay of the M4 High Speed Tractor and this item is missing from that kit.

1 Like

Sure! I’ll see what I can find.

Thanks for even considering it - I doubt anyone else would even have an interest in such a thing so please don’t go out of your way. It was however, a very adjustable and wide ranging device that apparently was applied to many engine types. If they were self starters and had a battery they all needed a voltage regulator.

*FYI ~ Both these Jeeps where restored to a full, new and productive life!

1 Like

1 Like

I had a feeling that’s what it is. I just need to find the dimensions now.

1 Like

More detailed image of the data plate.

1 Like

And yes the regulator got finished in a black crackle paint finish which then often got repainted to be OD crackle.

Not at all sure if these came in multiple sizes to handle various engines but since everything was either 6V, 12V or 24V I think only the windings on the relay coils would have changed with the voltage and the physical unit would have stayed the same size.

1 Like

I found what I think to be is the correct size. I already started with a box and I’ll keep working at it. It’s a pretty simple design so shouldn’t take me very long.

Unfortunately, one downside to having taken so long of a break of sorts is the number of orders I had in front of me when i was able to restart. I now have 3 orders processing and 4 large orders waiting to be processed! Thankfully I have the free time now to really get through them but this is seriously starting to make me consider whether or not I should get a 2nd printer

1 Like

How’s it looking?

1 Like

I think perhaps a bit too much arch to that top surface.

The down turn in that curved top shape does not start at the line of those two retaining bolts but at a point somewhat more outboard from them.

2 Likes

Ok, I think I got it now.

Also completely unnecessary because it won’t be seen but the I detailed the bottom too.

4 Likes

I think I might change up my M4/Mk 18 sets a bit. I’d include both the mid position stock I have it set to now and a fully closed stock. What do you guys think?

• Only 1 position per set!
  • Have 2 positions per set!

0 voters

1 Like

Keep em coming Mike! This is good stuff

1 Like