MikeyBugs 3D Design and Printing Ideas

New version of the M1 Carbine witht the solid wood stock.

M1 Garand

Sig M18 MHS

4 Likes

The carbine stock seems overall to be a bit too massive and thick. Perhaps it is a minimum print thickness sort of thing?

M1_Carbine_Mk_I_USA_Armémuseum_noBG_new

Hm… You are right but I don’t think it would be too noticeable when printed at scale. Just gotta wait for the print to finish. I can see about going to an earlier version and trying to work it to a better shape.

A few hours later and an M1 with an M7 grenade launcher

2 Likes

The SIG barrel look strange to me, is it intended to have the barrel slightly elevated?

1 Like

The barrel tilts up slightly when the slide is racked. It’s the same as on the M17.

3 Likes

Interesting, didn’t know so thanks for the information.

1 Like

The Garands, M1 Carbine, Kar 98, and M18 pistol are all now up on the webstore.

2 Likes

Unfortunately guys, i dislocated my shoulder at work yesterday so I won’t be able to get too much done for the next few days. Anything that’s being shipped out now will still go out though.

Take care my friend. Feel better

2 Likes

Ouch! Here’s wishing you a full and speedy recovery. Take it easy.

—mike

2 Likes

Rest that shoulder and get well soon mikey.

2 Likes

Ditto!

Mike - I also wanted to share that my latest order (laptops, radios. M17s etc) from the website showed up safely today. Very pleased as always with your work. Many thanks and best wishes for a full recovery - Stuart

Heal up quicky…then get back to printing. :grin: :grin:

No really, I hope you get better soon.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about the shoulder. Pray for your speedy recovery!

So I was able to finish up a project I started last week using a shoulder brace I’ve had. Still sore but now that I have to take at least a week off of work, I can work on more CAD projects.

4 Likes

I made a new render of the BAR. I also have another project that I started right after I finished the BAR that should be finished pretty soon.

2 Likes

Now finished: M1 Thompson

And I quickly added a bayonet to the M1 Garand. What do you think?

2 Likes

Nice! Very good work! Any consideration for printing with the older 16" bayonet (before they were cut back)?

Same mount just longer