MikeyBugs 3D Design and Printing Ideas

Is any of those field radio sets correct for the Follow Me jeeps?

I’m not sure. I’ve seen a number of them on eBay, I think, and I’ve been interested in doing them but I never knew how they went together or their relevance.

At the moment, I’m trying to make a 1/7 print of the M1 Garand. Not going so well so far, I’ve tried printing twice but they failed both times. Now I’m trying to work a model of it.

The LTAS cab conversion has been uploaded to the Hobbymarket shop and is now available.

If anyone wants to order the LTAS, the link is here: https://hobbymarket.gr/en/conversion/1622-135-m1083a1p2-lmtv-ltas-cab-conversion.html

Just be aware it’ll take a while to print it all and there’s some more info on the listing.

1 Like

The US WW2, EE-8, and cold war, TA-312 field phones might be decent sellers for you. I’m in for several of each.

2 Likes

Yes. I tried to scratch build one of theses in 1/35 scale years ago for artillery dio. Any TA-312 improvement would be welcome.

2 Likes

I definitely had been looking at the TA-312 in the past. Definitely still something I have on my list.

I’ve never been a big collector but I did manage to obtain a couple of things.

A very much vintage EE-8-B and a very much not vintage canteen. Along with another not vintage German shepherd in the background watching me curiously. Probably wondering what the crazy person is doing.

4 Likes

I wannt to draw a face on that canteen and use the US as it’s teeth.

So you had a phone handset to scan after all. No problem!

Actually I just got this EE-8 today. I bought it a few days ago and it just arrived.

2 Likes

I believe I am absolutely in love with this printer. Ok not so much in love but I really do like this printer. First time printing the LTAS cab on this one and no failures. Color me impressed.

And then combine that with the print quality…

7 Likes

Very nice.

1 Like

Feedback on the 105mm M68 muzzle reference sensor?

3 Likes

Hi Mike,
I can provide TM images of the 105mm MRS when I get home today but off the top of my head your CAD appears a mix of features from both the 105 & 120mm MRS.

the above image is a 105mm MRS

2 Likes

Thanks. That’s definitely what I need.

I also heard back from the Museum of American here on Long Island about 3D scanning some of their vehicles. Unfortunately they told me no citing safety concerns.

105 mm MRS

120 mm MRS

4 Likes

One more I missed

4 Likes

Awesome! That will go a long way.

Do people around here like receiver mechanisms?

3 Likes

50 cal Ma Deuce?

Close. That’s been done too far to death for me to want to do.

1 Like

?? What are we looking at?

So you were close. I’ll get back to that project in a bit along with the M68 and some other projects. For now, here’s some Type EE binoculars.

4 Likes