MikeyBugs 3D Design and Printing Ideas

Ok I think I got it pretty well.

2 Likes

Also a little update on the SCR-300 situation. I recently scanned the canvas supports on someone’s SCR-300 and added them to my model. So far, here’s how it looks. First thing I want to point out, look at the attachment straps! So tiny! Second, there’s a gaping hole in the back rest. I know why and it’s because the 3d mesh is flawed. I don’t know how to fix it.

On a bright side, here are the Type EE binoculars:

4 Likes

A couple more photos from that recent print:

Left and right sides of AK-74M with 1P87.

Top side photo of the SCR-300. Sorry for the poor image quality, my phone camera wasn’t cooperating.

4 Likes

I think its the feeding mechanism for an M1919A4.

2 Likes

Yes! You are correct! I still have some work to do on the tripod, namely the traverse bar and the T&E mechanism but this version is nearly done. I’m thinking separate top cover and rear sight. Rear sight could come separate to allow for sight down and sight up variations.

3 Likes

so cool! Why not hyper detail some M2 50 cal gun versions as well? The market already supports much PE, barrel types, etc. I think it could be interesting, but I have a “thing” for that. Great work here

Looks awesome!!!

Let me know when and whete to buy.

I’ve got the M1A1 -20s

It’ll be on my Hobbymarket store when I put it up. I need to do a test print first and make sure it’s good to print.

Are the -20s the general support/ direct support series? I never served myself, I’ve just picked my TMs up at various places over the years.

The -24Ps for the M-1 were at the direct support level. The company and battalion mechanics would have these.

So I hear some people like chains. I’m trying something a little different from what I’ve seen before. I’m going to try printing some free chain. These are 7/8". Depth is about 90.5mm.

I also forgot to show the renders for the US canteen I scanned. Don’t mind the bumps on the canteen. The round ones are scanning markers and the large-ish line is an artifact. None of which appear on the printed ones.

M12 Trench guns with and without bayonet and the M1897 trench gun with bayonet.

And 1/35 german SC50 and SC250 bombs.

Render for the M68A1 105mm cannon barrel.

5 Likes

If you have the hull parts manual I’d love to see the drivers hatch assembly & road arm/ rotary shock assemblies.

1 Like

That looks good but maybe the MRS is a bit too large. Also the bore diameter looks like it needs to decrease a tad. Hreat work so far.

Screenshot_20230715_043632_OneDrive

1 Like

I’ll get some pics for you.

1 Like

So the chain worked! But I may have underestimated the overall size because I eventually pulled up nearly 2.5-3 feet of plastic chain. But it’s definitely really chain.

I’ll work on shrinking it. The barrel did print and does look good though. No pictures as of yet.

2 Likes

The M1919A4:

T49 Turret:

M68 barrel:

and chain:

9 Likes

Very impressed with the 30 cal and the chain!

1 Like

That chain is bloody impressive !!!

3 Likes