Mini-Art Campaign 2021

Thanks for the compliment.
That would be nice indeed

Cheers!
I do like tanks too, but it was a nice change and more colorful than the average armour…

looks great!
I love the farmer’s look of
“whoa…”
Cheers!
L

I kinda want one. What I really want is a hoyt clagwell from Green Acres…

Excellent Irwin. You really got the finish for the wooden parts down pat. Like a good dio, it tells a story or enables the viewer to imagine one. I see the farmer watching the crow on the trailer, or looking at envy on the tractor as he slogs along with his barrow - simple but well depicted.

Only thing I might have added, would be some grass in the ditch where seeds would have blown in and the natural low spot for water would have made them sprout.

Thank you so much for the kind words.
It is indeed a nice feature of the figure. A really detailed and well cast resin fig…
I just had to replace one hand, as that was one part that was not well cast and turned his head…

The figure you mean? That is from MK35…

It actually is a blackbird :innocent:
I might just do that. Good suggestion!

The figure is nice. Hoyt Clagwell is a famous tractor from an American comedy show of the late 60s called Green Acres. I think it was really a Fordson

Ha, Ha. You don’t get Blackbirds in Australia, at least where I live. Up here in Queensland it is crows, crows and more crows (and poisonous snakes, poisonous spiders, poisonous marine life, ferocious marine life and generally other dangerous fauna, etc, :rofl:)

2 Likes

A great little piece. Really like the expression on the farmer’s face. :+1: :+1:

Ah, that explains why I didn’t recognize it… It is before my time and I doubt if it was ever aired on Dutch television…

Sounds lik a rather friendly and welcoming country… :stuck_out_tongue:
We do have crows overhere too, though not the same species… But little in the way of poisonous wild life…

The face more or less glues the 2 together, doesn’t is? :slight_smile:

Phil. My man, you dredging up an oldie there. I still remember the opening credits… “Darling, give me Park Avenue!”

Erwin Australia is a very welcoming country. We are always happy for tourists to come. While the wildlife is off eating tourists we can relax… :rofl:

A few years ago, my wife and I rode our bicycles from Rotterdam down along the Rhine and eventually to Switzerland. Everyone we met along the way in Holland was just so friendly, and yes, so was the wildlife. However, your winds were doing their best to kill the Aussie Idiots on their bicycles!

PS I am first generation Aussie - my mother and her family originally come from Aarle-Rixtel, just North of Helmond. They emigrated to Australia in 1952.

1 Like

ROFLMAO!!! That was a brilliant remark!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I worked with some Aussies when in Bosnia, and found them very pleasant to work with and very laid back…
I als got me an oringal Australian Slouch Hat, which hangs on the wall of my computer room…
You must have been here in a rare period: the prevailing wind direction is from the western side of the compass… so the winds actually should have helped…

First it was the ride from Rotterdam to Hoek Van Holland. NW direction and 35 km head wind, then a cross wind on the way back. Cross winds knocked my wife over twice, the first time in Utrecht, it was funnelled between two buildings and as she uses cleats, she had no time to get her feet free of the pedals. Second time in Arnhem. She learned after that one!

Anyway, I’ve hijacked the thread enough …

1 Like

I meant to post this days ago.
just a small update. The superstructure is glued on.
The wheels are just dry fitted. primed and steel painted on contact area.
I lost a return roller a few days ago. For some reason the Miniart gray plastic seems to really blend in good with my concrete floor. I normally don"t have a problem finding dropped pieces.

3 Likes

Looks good. One I thing I do when I loose these Miniart parts (I agree the light grey is hard to find) is turn off the lights and shine a flash light at a high angle (almost parallel) to the floor. The parts cast a long shadow that is much easier to see then the part itself

Ok so I’m in with this:

My first ever campaign. Not sure which scheme I’m going with but I’m leaning toward a ChiCom one with the white rims. Thinking about just doing OOB but will have to see how the tracks go.

Start photos to follow tomorrow.