Modeling Armor of Operation "Iron Swords"

Yup that’s the one I went for

Canvas cage or sun shade ?

H.P.

3 Likes

Someone was asking about the non-slip texture on the sides of a vehicle, here… This may be the explanation
“"Partisan charge” - with bare hands against merkava Telegram: Contact @btvt2019

Training on placing a “partisan charge” on a model of a Merkava tank. The design of the charge, which can be directed in the desired direction after being attached to the tank, also becomes clear.

The purpose of this “zimmerit” on the sides is also clear - Telegram: Contact @btvt2019.

At the end of the video, the footage of the use of an ATGM on the Merkava Mk 4 on October 7 does not refer to the use of this charge, but these frames - Telegram: Contact @btvt2019 perhaps the detonation of the ammunition really was with its help.

It is also worth noting the very high-quality mock-ups that Hamas uses during training."

I wanted to comment when the idea of anti-glare came up many days ago. If that were the case all of these smooth sided armor plates on all Merkavas would have it. It makes far more sense that previous to this latest photo they only had the texture on upper surfaces for the purpose of not busting your arse.

H.P.

2 Likes

I’m not sure these are mock-ups…

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/hamas-fighter-shown-placing-bomb-on-israeli-merkava-tank

H.P.

2 Likes

Agreed, and I’d be the first to admit that, I was also quoting an article.

Watching the clip in your post, HP, it looks like the soldier arms the “bomb” when placing it, then uses an RPG to denote it. Two stage destruction of an MBT.

H.P.

2 Likes

Did the IDF beef up the suspension on the M109s? That they shoot without the spades down is interesting.

Yes, the IDF M109 Doher is almost as capable as the US M109A6 Paladin. It has a beefed up suspension, inertial guidance system, advanced MVV sensor that helps calculate firing data, APU, automatic travel lock, and a few other upgrades.

H.P.

3 Likes

3 Likes

H.P.

4 Likes

I think destruction is not good word for this. Bomb was placed on the side of the tank, there is an APU, also Merkava 4 is very well armored on the hull sides. Video is ending after the explosion, as always in this type of hamas video. No photos or videos of wreck or aftermath. Probably tank was damaged, but for sure not destroyed.

2 Likes

Maybe useful (providing it’s accurate :wink: )

H.P.

4 Likes

Another cage variant

H.P.

3 Likes

Looks like a Walmart/Big Lots version of a cope cage that was on clearance sale compared to those fancy angled and slated ones.

2 Likes

H.P.

3 Likes

On a related aspect, does anybody know of a good out of bottle paint color for the IDF uniforms? Acrylic or enamel? That khaki olive is a hard color to pin down…

I like Humbrol 72 Khaki Drill.