Modeling Armor of Operation "Iron Swords"

Nice view on the T-bolt hose clamps of the gun thermal sleeve…

H.P.

3 Likes

1 Like

I’m curious why they use them.

Are IDF Jeep Wranglers a cost cutting measure to avoid the expense of a Humvee or similar?

Another Merkava 2? Followed by a 4 and then further 2Ds?

I just posted this picture (from 2014) to show a Wrangler in IDF service…Don’t ask me for more info ! :roll_eyes:

H.P.

1 Like

A guess says that they are used like the old CUCV’s that the HMMWVs replaced. And I imagine that cost is part of it. A domestically produced vehicle for less demanding roles, as opposed to imported and more expensive.

1 Like

The Storm is the main jeep used by Israeli military and border police forces. Operational since the early 90’s, it has taken part in every major military operation since. It is also the main vehicle used for ongoing missions in the occupied territories. This includes night raids and arrests, suppression of protests, flying checkpoints, home demolitions, and all other ongoing activities of the military in occupied territory.

from https://dimse.info/ail-storm-sufa/

H.P.

Chris, I have the old Academy Zelda which they have just re-released as per the below images, but in this lot you get the IDF crew (not bad but replace the heads), and individual track link as well as rubber band tracks. The old kits don’t have the figures or individual track links though. Great kit out of the box but If you want more detail then go with Barts idea above. Cheers, JC.

ZELDA FINISHED.PNG

7 Likes

My bad, I thought it was current :flushed:

Puma pack…

H.P.

2 Likes

Interesting-looking trailer…

I guess it’s a variant of the Urdan-built BackTrail (like the one I mentionned a few days ago)

https://urdan.co.il/military/backtrail/

H.P.

4 Likes

Demonstrates just how different the two current conflicts are. If Russia parked up like this, there would be more Ukrainian arty raining down than falling dust motes.

Thanks for all the pics you are posting guys. We all appreciate them very much.

3 Likes

2 Likes

hey frenchy im a jeep owner here in the US and id like to repost pics of this IDF JEEP Wrangler on my jeep clubs facebook page

H.P.

1 Like

Some observations. Meng’s Namer is the only game in town as far as I know, and i’m currently building one.

Three things:

The kit provides an option for an ‘Engineer’ vehicle with markings to match:

It transpires that the unit description is rather confusing, most likely inaccurate too. For starters, it fails to mention that the 12th “Barak” Battalion belongs to the 1st “Golani” Brigade, arguably the most famous IDF infantry unit. In addition, the “Wild Horses” isn’t the 6th but the 2nd (support) Platoon of the 12th, tasked with operating the battalion’s heavy weapons (heavy MGs, grenade launchers, mortars).
Nobody has any idea where the “engineering platoon” in the description came from, but this isn’t a CE variant (Namera) nor seems to belong to a CE Corps unit. So if you want to depict a Namer CEV, you’ll have to research your own markings.

You’ll notice in the picture below which shows a CEV, that there are no markings on the upper side (and probably rear) panels (circled). This seems to be common within CE units and not what Meng would have you believe.

There is what looks to be some kind of (blue) optic above the MAWS (circled) - whatever it is, this is not a feature of the Meng kit.

The Meng kit does not include recovery chains (an almost criminal ommission if you are familiar with IDF AFVs) - the mountings would have to be scratch built, and a chain sourced.

1 Like

Are there any IDF praying soldier figures I can purchase? It will be cool to have a figure or two of this in 1/35 to go with the armor.

TIA

IMG_0174

IMG_0172

IMG_0173

1 Like

Thanks Niko. That guy looks a lot like the one from the 1st pic I posted. I wonder if he is getting royalty check from miniart. :thinking::laughing:

H.P.

1 Like