Modeling Armor of Operation "Iron Swords"

Yeah, you never want to be the reason for a safety brief.

2 Likes

H.P.

3 Likes

I hope this is not a repost, however, I have just noticed the Ofek in frame, with a good view of the roof of this vehicle, not often seen:

3 Likes

Second time I see large colorful plastic crates at the rear of an Achzarit

H.P.

2 Likes

Merkava ARV ?

H.P.

5 Likes

5 Likes

3 Likes

:astonished: :astonished:

Are we sure this is a recent photo?

1 Like

I don’t know :man_shrugging:
Probably not but it looks cool if it’s not photoshopped

they do have them, the system is called Machbet, looks like a training area but they could prove useful as drone counters or something

H.P.

2 Likes

So looking through the internet I have found the following sets which I think would work for IDF infantry battling in Gaza.

th-3271146190

Looking through the pictures on the “Modeling Armor of Operation Iron Sword” thread…I see the vast majority of IDF infantry in pictures not carrying the Tavor rifle, or having the “Mitznefet” helmet cover…they appear to have M4’s and helmets that look like US modern helmets.
Are these figure sets already outdated? I see the Meng set says since 2000…23 years already?
Are the “Mitzefet” covers not used for urban combat maybe?

2 Likes

So looking through the internet I have found the following sets which I think would work for IDF tank/ APC crew battling in Gaza.

I believe this is it…with the Meng set only really good for a “behind the front lines” diorama.

Did I miss any that could be used for the current war?

2 Likes

I brought two boxes of Meng IDF Infantry, and the contents resembles the painting guide, not the box art for detail. They will paint up, but remind me of early Dragon figures.

This is old photo, I think 10 or more years :slight_smile:

I stated I didn’t know’:man_shrugging:
I will be building one it looks Great and different from the usual meat grinder :joy:

The heads with the helmets and helmets are available in 1/35
And could be useful for converting the figures
And the mole vests
IMG_6231
IMG_6230

1 Like

H.P.

5 Likes

H.P.

4 Likes

I had not noticed the support cables and turn buckles for the overhead armor before this :point_up_2:picture.

1 Like