Modeling Armor of Operation "Iron Swords"

Would you happen to know are they carrying M4’s or a different version?

H.P.

2 Likes

In this photo M4

I

Some SF units carry what ever the person prefers,
M4 or Tavor 95 & Mini

1 Like

I was wondering because the vast majority of pictures posted show M4’s and not the Tavor’s.

These are produce crates that you find in the fields during fruit picking times. Seems these guys put them to use for the extra gear that would crowd the interior a bit. Smart move.

2 Likes

In my last reserve unit we had an Englishman by the name of Selwhin who would bring an old beat to crap bugle and he would play both British and American bugle calls. One of the new officers in the battalion didn’t like it so he told him if he brought it again he would get a court-martial, well the next time he didn’t bring it he brought a foot long piece of PVC pipe and played the calls on it… lol good times…

In 82 there was a reserve unit that showed up to a Bunker complex we found in south Lebanon and they brought a portable Tv a generator and a tv antenna so they could watch the world cup…
They mounted the antenna on their M113 and set the TV up on top. …

Reserves do tend to bring weird stuff with them

10 Likes

Haha, good times.

1 Like

Namer Aqhzaka (the crane is on the left side).

There is also another vehicle, with the crane on the right side, most of the times referred to as Rekem Aqhzaka.

8 Likes

8 Likes

H.P.

2 Likes

hi does anyone know or the guy to the left belonging to the same unit as this merkava belongs to? it should be a paratroops division? didn’t know they had tanks embedded in their formations.

3 Likes

H.P.

4 Likes

I think this one is based on the Merkava 3 chassis, and the other one is on the Merkava 4.

I honestly have no clue. The hulls of both vehicles look to me as if it is a hull design of its own using common suspension components with tanks.

H.P.

5 Likes

H.P.

7 Likes

Yes, I know the title is armour, but… Where there are tanks, there are infantry

1 Like

H.P.

5 Likes

I do not understand why soldiers do this, is it some sort of COD cosplay thing? Or to boost their own morale?

H.P.

4 Likes