Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

H.P.

1 Like

I just watched a vid on ytube showing of the destruction of three 2S3. These things were filmed from maybe 5 km away ? One going of like huge bomb, nothing left just a black hole in the forest.

Must be scary riding a huge bomb knowing that a drone with weaponry
to blow you sky high could be out there in the darkness, silently waiting
for a good opportunity for a shot…

Edit:
This video?

The shockwaves across the growing fields were impressive

Yep, thats the one

Very nice Jamie, love them….you doing a diorama to involve them all…or just covering the VDV variants used?

1 Like

Hiding in a thin stretch of trees… reminds me of this:

2 Likes

We’re seeing a whole lot of Russian stuff being turned into scrap iron. Where’s the Ukrainian stuff? I’m not a AVF expert so I can’t tell what’s what. But there must be a lot of Ukrainian loses.

Started a CAD for Tank_1812:

3D printing soon.

1 Like

Russians are less savvy and have less access to internet?
Ukrainians brought their mobile phones, the Russians got their mobile phones taken away before entering Ukraine?
There are more Russian then Ukrainian targets available right now? A blown up tank is more spectacular than a destroyed Stugna-P launcher?

Im preaty sure the russians would show of if they got good footage. But they have to thread a delicate line here. They cant show the destruction in towns like Mariupol. They want to show that the west is providing weapons to UKR but I think they try to limit the real extent as not to make the population weary that their sons will be facing german tanks and french howitzers. They also try to downplay the effectivness of the ATGMs and drones, because the morale of their troops is realy bad. They also dont realy show the soldiers and troops because the mix of volunteers from former soviet republics, local separatists and chechhens isnt realy a model image of russian soldier. Most of the pics and footage will not reach us untill long after a change of management in Kremlin.

The problem of fighting a war when you don’t want to admit that you are fighting a war.

Bruce, get a Twitter account and get in there, heavy Russian users throwing it around….mind you I have picked a few ‘claiming to be Ukraine destroyed vehicles’ however for the ex-military amongst us and modeller who know who’s who in the zoo…you will see the propaganda machine working hard.

2 Likes

Yep, I have a crazy idea to do the Miltia Mad Max Gaz-66 HP posted a little while back.

So any thoughts on construction are greatly welcomed. I have either the Trumpeter and Eastern Express AA kits to use. I am thinking mid construction, pre finally paint job rusted color look.

Thanks for the link. I was suspecting there might be more pictures out there.

1 Like

Twitter? I have an account and never use it. Not about to start.

1 Like

It’s been posted earlier on this thread, in the link is a Russian loss photo log also.

I’m glad you want to do a rusted one. I’ve got several of the Eastern Express kit. I’ve started one that’ll end up as the painted version.

1 Like

Yeah, once you start lying to your people about the war, it becomes near impossible to admit the truth. As to the paucity of smashed Ukrainian vehicles, I suspect it’s a combination of factors. 1) The Ukrainians have been recovering them as much as possible for repairs and doing a far better job than the invaders. 2) The Ukrainian propaganda machine is careful as to what they take pictures of - and I mean that will all due respect. The Russians can’t take too many pictures of Ukrainian wrecks because then more of their own citizens will be asking about exactly what happened. When you’ve begun your campaign with ‘Victory parade in Kiev in 2, maybe 3 days’ and it’s weeks later, you can’t really admit the whole thing was a sham.

2 Likes