Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

Depends on the type of bullet …
1/8 inch will not stop rifle bullets.
Unscientific “backyard” testing but it was the first video I found

It might stop the 9 mm bullets from the Swedish K-Pist M 45 / M45B (essentially a beefed up pistol)

Another test with other type of ammo.

Quarter inch plate …

2 Likes

I go fishing a little bit in Amish country. Right outside of Moscow!! () The younger ones are very polite, but also shy. The teenagers are a lot like any other teenager. Yet they all have one trait. They are not afraid of work! All that I’ve crossed paths with just seem to be good people. Girls are kinda funny (teenagers). Kept away from the boys as much as possible (smart). Yet they are a lot like the boys as they are always checking out the opposite sex. For the most part they are a very peaceful group, but things do go astray every once in awhile. Watching them on a date is a trip!

Morgenthau is a black eye on the western world.
gary

2 Likes

well it’s now confirmed that the Russians are actually using slat armor. Is that a BTR4?
gary

the good old “K Gun”! So they are still around. Reminds me a lot of the MP40 and one Ruger made a run of. SOG used them a lot
gary

2 Likes

They were around when I wore green clothes in 1985-1986,
I think they are all gone now, switched out for the AK 5. The last ones were used by the Home Guard (sort of National guard units) and were phased out in 2007
Some are around in some shooting associations, special rules apply, must belong to the elite level in competition target shooting

Coming from Miniart
https://miniart-models.com/product/37100-ukrainian-btr-4e-early/

Amazing people those Ukrainians …

3 Likes

Another tank driven by Ivan

Sleeping it off in the ditch? Bridge too narrow? Swerved to avoid a pot-hole? Steering clutches seized up due to non-existent maintenance?

3 Likes

Ukrainians:
Love Animals - Hate Russians…

3 Likes

Probably a very tired driver during the night.

3 Likes

Double vision from vodka. Gotta pick one of the two bridges you’re seeing. Choose poorly… end up in the water.

4 Likes

Frenchy is going to make me get out my Trumpeter BMP-1.
Rob is going to make me get out my XACT GAZ Tigr.

1 Like

54 seconds of burnt iron,
reference material for those who want to show knocked a out and burned tracked something,
SP howitzer???
I can’t tell what it used to be before becoming something that used to have been

Something must have exploded …

2 Likes

Another tank driven by Ivan

Sleeping it off in the ditch? Bridge too narrow? Swerved to avoid a pot-hole? Steering clutches seized up due to non-existent maintenance?

Could be they were under fire?
Driving / orienteering buttoned up, just using periscopes can be very misleading. Its a skill crews need to learn & practice.

2 Likes

Learn and practice, indeed …
send conscripts to fight in a war
using poorly maintained tanks. Clever tactics …
I bet they learned something, maybe they even
lived to remember it

3 Likes

Up until now WW2 armour was the go to for kits and dioramas. I wonder how much of a shift there will be to Ukraine kits and dioramas.

Frenchy it’s a pity you haven’t a folder full of these images. I would pay a few dollars for a copy of all the images.

2 Likes

On a different note:
The Ukraine going to be a very polluted place after the Russians loose.
See what I did there?
All kind of leaking fluids from the vehicles, UXO everywhere, dead bodies. All very unhealthy…

And that’s just direct military issues, not including all the very significant issues w/ the damages in the cities.

3 Likes

The “O” on the turret…
Олли: Well, that’s another fine mess you’ve gotten me into."

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Baytraktor, isle seven. :broom:
:tractor::ukraine:

3 Likes

I prefer polluted freedom over green slavery. With apologies to Thomas Jefferson.

@Gary_Totty i saw this and thought of you

4 Likes