Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

I can order it from HK but the shipping charges are just getting silly now.
Not sure when it is going to be generally available here in the UK.
How is yours going together?
I had an earlier iteration and the hull was so badly warped I could not get it to join properly.

H.P.

1 Like

I bought mine off e bay, the aurora model shop $60 USD , bout $3.00 to ship took about a month to get but I was not in a rush, it’s going together nicely, I may post some pics soon , I found a pic off this topic back in March that I’m going to replicate, the pic shows a Ukrainian flag in it and a soldier walking toward it on a muddy road in late feb/ March, I think it’s actually where the box photo came from? Anyways meng kits are great I really love them and their quality, no issues with anything of yet, starting on the turret soon, hope this helps, btw I have a trumpeter version of the same tank with the overhead grating on turret that should be here in a few days or so.

https://scontent-cdt1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/307067279_410506847929066_3588349101765128611_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=EM1LXdy4qUgAX_h7KTt&_nc_ht=scontent-cdt1-1.xx&oh=00_AT8L5ZEtRlFkPsKZNoC6z5bLnq7x4w7kjXy6KeWI1MHWKQ&oe=63354665

H.P.

1 Like

H.P.

1 Like

Hay HP, I need to go back and check… But is that TOS 1A without the launcher the same as the one I posted further above? Good find, btw.

Could be the same indeed…And this could be the missing part :wink:

H.P.

1 Like

A questions for those who know better than me!! :unamused: When can they expect winter/snow to start influencing the fighting in Ukraine?
Won’t winter change a lot of tactics?

It already has. One of the reasons the Ruscists are advancing so quickly in their “retrograde operations.” They don’t want to have their asses stuck there once the snow starts.

2 Likes

I don’t think that this kit is actually B3M as Meng claims but a plain B3.

1 Like

I thought the M stood for mine like mine plow ?

No, the TC has a external sight on the M.

Trumpeter makes a kit of it.
Unless Meng means it to be a mine?

1 Like

Ok good to know, I don’t know jack about Russian armor except they have weird names🤣

Of course things will change!
And dirt has nothing to do with it. I will reveal a terrible military secret: there is no less dirt in Russia than in Ukraine.
But it will become much more difficult for defenders to hide in forests without leaves. And footprints in the snow from drones are clearly visible.

Obviously the locals are not aware of the danger of thermobaric rockets.

Olivier

1 Like

1 Like

started work on the base for my abandoned BMP-3 diorama.

8 Likes

Details… details, please. :hammer_and_wrench:

—mike

foam board covered with poly filler then painyed dark brown for mud effect. pva glue added followed by a plastic and resin fence which i painted earlier. followed by after markey leaf litter bulked up with some basil and twigs from the garden to give it a winter effect. i still need to add the tufts of grass once all the glue is dry.

3 Likes