Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

Winter is coming. So, will they whitewash their hardware? And if so, how will their white Z, O X, etc etc etc be seen?

personally i don’t think the Russians will bother with a winter camo scheme, afterall getting paint down to the guys at the frontline or even some of the rear areas means it will mean more headaches for a stretched supply chain that is struggling to feed and equipe it’s troops.

1 Like

Yea, I can just see them getting paint to the troops, but not food or bullets! :slightly_smiling_face:
Ken

1 Like

Some of the vehicles had white wash splotches last winter during the opening phase of the invasion.

1 Like

The second Strella picture in SableLiger’s was taken in February 2015 in Donetsk. The pictured flag is the " Novorossiya" one.

H.P.

https://scontent-cdt1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/314085243_440478794931245_4587544989103349646_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=dEj8Kn5RmNYAX9B-2EU&_nc_ht=scontent-cdt1-1.xx&oh=00_AfDxH-pNzmrsatPqkr8v6bw7BVmqgrqJuDm3uzCH9gRx0A&oe=636FECC7

H.P.

2 Likes

H.P.

2 Likes

Here’s my first foray into modern armour. A 1/72 Revell T80-BV under new management,

17 Likes

Ian, nice start to armour building. Looks like a nice little kit and well finished. Is there any chance of a picture of the underside of the hull and its belly plate to see how or if it is detailed ? Its just for a project I am thinking about as 1/72 will be so much easier than 1/35 as it involves it being submerged. Thanks in advance if you can :+1:

And of course welcome to the forums if you have just joined ?

Ian @echen … just read your first post in the Whats on the bench and about the ever expanding shelf of doom … you need to get that weathering finished lol

1 Like

Hi Johnny. Thanks for the welcome.
The Revell T-80 underside is not well detailed - unlike their T-90 if I recall correctly.

Unless, of course, this is what T-90s look like underneath?

Cheers for that Ian, it should be more detailed than that, will have to look or a find a pic of the T90 kit and see if I can see the underside. And maybe buy both 1/72 kits :+1:

Try Henk of Holland site

Training pics

H.P.

1 Like

Zvezda T-90

Tiger Model T-90 (they have more than one kit)

Maybe an entry for the list of famous last words:
I wouldn’t be surprised if the Revell lower hull once had the Dragon label

aaaannd, I completely and totally missed the fact that the Revell kit is in 1:72nd scale.
The sprue photos above show 1/35th kits, in case anyone missed this.
Comparing 1/35 with 1/72 can be unfair …

4 Likes

Close, Matchbox.
https://www.onthewaymodels.com/reviews/RevellAG/T80prev.htm

2 Likes

Very old Grad 1 on Zil 131

3 Likes

Thanks Robin, very helpful :+1:

1 Like

it does, my thanks!

My Dragon T-72B took 3rd place in 1/35 Post WWII Tracked AFVs at Modelzona this weekend :wink:

And I was able to score a Zvezda T-90 from one of the vendors for a future Ukraine Invasion project

17 Likes