Modelling armour in Ukraine crisis

The Russian defence public relations officer (propaganda mouthpiece) claims that
Russian forces have destroyed a few Bradleys already.
He said that before the Bradleys arrived in Ukraine, a few days after the intention
to send Bradleys was announced …

Haven’t got the foggiest idea about the exact arrival date. Trains carrying Bradleys have been seen i Poland but Poland is NATO so it might as well be US troops moving around inside Poland.

H.P.

3 Likes

Ive built the RFM, Tamiya, HobbyBoss and Border ones - all are decent, the RFM is probably the best in terms of fit and instructions, Border or Tamiya the best fitting. HobbyBoss actually a bit underrated - doesnt excel at any one thing (apart from value, they are half the price of the RFM and Tamiya kits) but is a solid 7/10 across the board.

Depends what you want. The Tamiya is a really fun and great looking build that you can do the assembly for in a weekend. The RFM will take much, much longer. Not built the Trumpeter (do they have one?) but i’d be surprised if it was easier than the RFM.

The Border one is nice but has a lot of accuracy issues and the instructions are God awful.

If you’re building a Bundeswehr wagon id go RFM but replace the tracks for some Sector35 pre-assembled metal ones. That’ll save you some time.

Id certainly build another one of the Tamiyas but they dont give you the PE included which at that price i think they should do.

2 Likes

Thank you.

are there any other photos of terminator for tiger model???

AFAIK, the Terminators seen in Ukraine are BMPT’s (like those you’ve posted) not BMPT-72’s (a.k.a. Terminator II ) as released by Tiger Models… :roll_eyes:

Here’s a BMPT-72

H.P.

This is not in service but it looks better than the other
Colours in my opinion

3 Likes

3 Likes

so for a meng model i assume?..tnx for the heads up

Trumpeter is closest u can buy:

2 Likes

tnx all you ve been very helpful

@Uncle-Heavy @Khouli I completely agree with the observations. I am more thinking once pushed out, then the rebuilding starts, and the refugees start coming back from other countries, how does the insurgents get vetted. How about all the ones returning from Russia, were they radicalized while there? City upon city has been flattened. I guess I need to research Afghanistan and understand the months before our emergency evac how we left billions in equipment and saw the cities falling and everything we already had there just left and couldnt didnt stop it with complete air power, and other resources available. when did out doctrine change while there.

my comparing of Ukraine and Afghanistan is geographically its rooted in what happens from those displaced and how they react later. like in the years after we militarialy defeated Iraq and Afghanistan.

There is a huge difference between fighting against a regular army (well trained or completely untrained) and fighting a guerilla movement. No frontlines, surrounded by potentially hostile civilians.

Totally amateur opinion: Let the guerilla win and thereby force them to build and hold a state and then fight them with guerilla tactics, strike their known positions and disappear into the night again.

Concentration camps were invented during the Boer war to deprive the Boer guerilla of the logistics support they got from farms and villages.

Didnt mean to open a can of worms here. I withdraw my question as to not inflame the goal I hope we all see. I am already trying to find my own sources for how it went wrong geopolitically and with military doctrine. I can shown many comparisons that will happen down the road. but it will just derail this thread which is not my intent.

Carry on and please ignore. Sorry

No worries!
Frenchy or ruzzaa will soon put us back on track again with some interesting photos
:wink:

2 Likes

Okay, modelling related question…

How hard would it be to convert Meng’s BMPT Terminator kit to the current variant in the field in Ukraine?

I think the kit was modeled after an early prototype of the vehicle, while the Trumpeter and Zvezda versions are the production “Terminator 2” model.

I think the Meng T-72 hull as used in their B1, B3 AND B3M kits would look great as a “Terminator 2” with the addition of the V84 engine with panels open.

2 Likes

H.P.

5 Likes

Here’s the Tiger models kit:

And the Meng kit:

One came with really nice metal barrels with detailed muzzle brakes, but I can’t remember which one.

4 Likes

Yeah! i can definitely see stark differences on the hull between both kits. Specially the stepped up lower hull along with the deletion of the two hatches that are side by side the driver’s hatch.

I’d be better off just getting the Tiger Model.

I did get this knocked out a couple days ago to finally donate to a youtuber devoted
to daily news updates.

Its by Trumpeter. There is a few things with the design you might want to know. it will be kinda hard to keep the front wheels in camber without glue. They just have to much slack. The control rod hydraulic if painted while make it VERY hard to raise and lower the tubes so you might have to choose a static choice and stay with it. Wheels are much to loose to leave unglued. And a @#$% ton of parts left over on the trees.

7 Likes